General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cycling Creatine Water Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-06 1:58 PM

User image

DC
Subject: Cycling Creatine Water
I know, creatine is evil for us. But, I have been sick which has caused me to become sickly thin. Have been using creating for several weeks in order to gain some weight (along w/weight training of course). I have still be S/B/R training and my race date is approaching. I am as well increasing my calorie intake.

Does anyone know how long, after getting off of creatine, I should plan for the retained excess water to leave the body? My plan was to train "heavier" and race "lighter".

Thanks in advance for your input.

Edited by Porfirio 2013-08-06 2:01 PM

2013-08-06 2:07 PM
in reply to: Porfirio

User image

Subject: RE: Cycling Creatine Water

From my college days when I used to take a lot of creatine when weight lifting...it took about 1-2 weeks for me to completely lose the water weight.  About 3-5 days after stopping I would notice my urge to pee a lot more and it would be pretty much clear.  I'd say I'd go from about 170 down to 165 during those 2 weeks.

That said, I don't know why you would want to use creatine to regain weight from sickness as it's just water weight.  The stuff did work for me as far as being able to lift more while using it, but the instant you got off of it the strength went back to normal.  If you want to train heavy, just use more water bottles on your bike, a bigger saddle bag, and stuff your jersey pockets.

2013-08-06 2:58 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

DC
That said, I don't know why you would want to use creatine to regain weight from sickness as it's just water weight.  The stuff did work for me as far as being able to lift more while using it, but the instant you got off of it the strength went back to normal.

Thanks for your reply. One to two weeks for "drainage" is what I remember as well.

I decided to use it so that I can lift heavier for the development of aesthetic muscle. It did work, only I need to supplement w/body fat.
2013-08-06 5:12 PM
in reply to: Porfirio

User image

Veteran
Rockwall, Texas
how exactly does one supplement body fat?
do you make soap with it too?
are you going to start an anarchistic uprising and destroy fountains?

i digress, yeah about a week or 2 for the deflation to end. idk how you sleep at night; i always cramp up at night when i take creatine...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cycling Creatine Water Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Creatine?

Started by Dan Estrada
Views: 1298 Posts: 13

2012-05-13 11:03 AM newtriguy

Creatine Pages: 1 2

Started by FoggyGoggles
Views: 2263 Posts: 33

2012-02-21 1:17 PM coolgenes

Creatine Pages: 1 2

Started by Porfirio
Views: 2432 Posts: 47

2009-06-18 8:53 AM Bioteknik

Post-workout recovery drinks & creatine Pages: 1 2

Started by Spleen
Views: 3937 Posts: 46

2009-04-15 3:17 PM DerekL

Creatine?

Started by SpiritFire
Views: 1489 Posts: 22

2008-08-22 10:42 AM DerekL
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : June 21, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
How recent studies can impact your training and nutrition strategies
date : May 18, 2011
author : Troy Jacobson
comments : 3
How to get faster and still keep your job and family

date : March 20, 2009
author : mikericci
This month's fun and fast training will help you improve performance and raise your metabolism so that you are feeling a bit hungry all the time and really burning up those calories.
date : October 3, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
Whether you want to analyze your sports diet, get an answer to your questions about creatine, or find a new recipe for chicken, you can get an amazing amount of health information on the web.

date : December 12, 2004
author : CLLinIA
comments : 1
What you can do to clean up your local swimming hole and keep it clean!