General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Non-chlorine Pools in Puget Sound - Chlorine Induced Asthma? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-11 7:41 AM

Subject: Non-chlorine Pools in Puget Sound - Chlorine Induced Asthma?
Looking for non-chlorine pools in Puget Sound area --

and

Have you had chlorine-induced asthma and reversed that by changing where you swim (i.e., changing to salt water pool?)

2013-08-12 1:16 AM
in reply to: swimz

User image

Subject: RE: Non-chlorine Pools in Puget Sound - Chlorine Induced Asthma?
Yes I have. I swim in a saltwater pool at Gold's Gym. I have no issues with a saltwater pool. My allergies were so bad, that just entering the chlorinated pool's locker room would start to trigger the allergies.
2013-09-13 2:54 PM
in reply to: swimz

User image

Extreme Veteran
Gig Harbor
Lincoln Park in West Seattle has a salt water pool
2013-09-16 2:46 PM
in reply to: The Nat

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by The Nat Lincoln Park in West Seattle has a salt water pool

That is my very favorite place to swim! It's right by my house, too. Unfortunately, it closes for the fall/winter Frown

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Non-chlorine Pools in Puget Sound - Chlorine Induced Asthma? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Recs for swim instructor? (Puget Sound area)

Started by KauaiShan
Views: 972 Posts: 3

2009-07-01 11:34 PM KauaiShan

OWS South Sound Area - Tacoma

Started by lattemom
Views: 785 Posts: 1

2009-06-14 10:55 PM lattemom

Heart of the Sound Triathlon

Started by mchally
Views: 837 Posts: 1

2008-07-23 11:30 PM mchally

Mountain to Sound

Started by swbkrun
Views: 1221 Posts: 4

2008-02-01 10:11 PM ScotinSeattle

HOTS-Heart of the Sound, Seattle Sprint Tri Aug 27th

Started by syoshida
Views: 837 Posts: 1

2005-08-24 11:45 AM syoshida
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 10, 2013
author : hoffsquared
comments : 3
I was a bit skeptical since regular body wash and shampoos don't really seem to do the trick. But it really works!

date : June 28, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
There are about three causes to the clicking sound in your knee, even if it doesn't hurt. Also included are some exercises to help alleviate the symptoms.
date : July 7, 2008
author : Ron
This is a 'first impressions' review of the Fit2Race Sockeye Fullsuit. From a first wetsuit point-of-view, I was able to dramatically improve my pace over non-wetsuit swims.

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : December 11, 2007
comments : 0
I am trying to go from being 40 lbs. overweight, however, I keep having pain in my knees, ankle, or hip that stops me from exercising for several days - killing my momentum.

date : May 21, 2007
comments : 2
Not all cramping is training-related. The causes of muscle cramping and the diagnosis of restless leg syndrome including some medical and non-medical treatments.
date : September 3, 2006
comments : 2
If you are one of those athletes, and the compartments don’t easily expand, the pressure within increases with exercise. This can stress the muscle as well as the nerves and blood vessels.

date : March 5, 2006
Your sports medicine physician may recommend an exercise challenge. This test involves blowing into the spirometer, exercising hard enough and long enough to cause symptoms.