Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-08-29 12:33 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: Yay, a gun thread
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-exclusive-obama-offers-new-gun-control-steps
I am curious as to what problem he's trying to fix.

I don't recall any rash of crimes being committed by felons registering firearms to a trust or corporation. I don't think the gang bangers in Chicago are legally purchasing imported guns either.

I'll be curious if there's a legal challenge.

Edited by tuwood 2013-08-29 12:35 PM

2013-08-29 1:12 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Subject: RE: Yay, a gun thread
"See? I closed a loophole that allowed people to legally get firearms without a background check"
It's a useless gesture that people who don't look too closely will believe actually does something.

The biggie is he's not going to allow a few hundred thousand M1 Garands back into the US. 10 pound, 36" long semi-auto rifles that don't have a detachable magazine that quite a few people would like as a 30-06 rifle with a lot of US history attached to it.

2013-08-29 1:57 PM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Elite

Is it possible to do anything any more useless???

FELONS CAN NOT LEGALLY POSSES GUNS.

It isn't a dodge. Registering does nothing... they can't actually posses them, hold them, transport them... nothing. So if you are a felon... and you actually WANT TO REGISTER them.... it get's you exactly SQUAT. You will be charged with "possesion of a firearm by prior convicted".

And importing surplus rifles back in.... when criminals can get all the brand new firepower they want off the street. Undecided

2013-08-29 2:43 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Originally posted by powerman

WTH! Useless????

At a MINIMUM it gets the "Gun Thread" crowd all worked up..AGAIN. 

THAT, alone, is worth the price of admission.  Innocent 

(no sarc font intended)

2013-08-29 4:11 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Elite
Originally posted by jeffnboise

WTH! Useless????

At a MINIMUM it gets the "Gun Thread" crowd all worked up..AGAIN. 

THAT, alone, is worth the price of admission.  Innocent 

(no sarc font intended)

I'm not worked up. It means absolutely squat to me.

You are the one that should be worked up... that the Great One can't come up with anything more than a meaningless EO on the issue.

2013-08-29 4:20 PM

User image

Champion
PA

The Obama administration is also proposing a federal rule to stop those who would be ineligible to pass a background check from skirting the law by registering certain guns, like machine guns and short-barreled shotguns, to a corporation or trust.

This guy is an absolute moron.  There are never crimes with NFA items and the people who go through the process to obtain NFA items jump through major hoops to get them.  I have multiple firearms and suppressors registered to my Trust and there is no bypassing any sort of background check.  They still took MONTHS to get through, I have my Trust info, city and state engraved on the receiver.  On top of that, the BATFE has your information as the executor when you submit your Trust informaton.  Does anyone other than a total hoplophobe really think they do not check out the executor?

2013-08-29 4:22 PM

User image

Champion
PA

FELONS CAN NOT LEGALLY POSSES GUNS.

It isn't a dodge. Registering does nothing... they can't actually posses them, hold them, transport them... nothing. So if you are a felon... and you actually WANT TO REGISTER them.... it get's you exactly SQUAT. You will be charged with "possesion of a firearm by prior convicted".

And importing surplus rifles back in.... when criminals can get all the brand new firepower they want off the street. Undecided

He is protecting us from all those Korean made M1 Garands that you constantly read about.  hmm, if criminals did use the Garand, maybe the media could actually not sound mentally challenged every time they tossed around the word, "clip."

2013-08-29 4:29 PM
in reply to: Pector55

User image

Champion
PA
The new rule would require people associated with those entities, like beneficiaries and trustees, to undergo the same type of fingerprint-based background checks as individuals if they want to register those types of guns.

"It's a very artful dodge to get around people who are not capable, constitutionally or legally, of owning a weapon," Biden said.

Had Biden ever gone through this process, he would understand that if I die, and my family may legally own an NFA item, the firearm can stay in my trust and legally stay on premise.  Also, trustees, such as my brother or son, would be allowed to possess the firearm at the range or in transport, legally.  Finally, there are some local sherriffs who simply will not provide the fingerprint services required, therefore people have used the "artful dodge to get around the constitutional VIOLATIONS of statists." 

Biden = dumb dick

What is really going on is that if there is an AWB as there is in CA, a resident must register the rifle and then they own it until they die.  When they die, it goes to the state where it's destroyed.  However, if it's registered to a Trust, it can stay in a family forever (as long as someone manages the trust and there are family members participating) without the state ever having a way to take it.  So if they can eliminate this, they can just progressively get more states to institute an AWB and continue to seize firearms from lawful gun owners.

2013-08-29 4:31 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by DanielG "See? I closed a loophole that allowed people to legally get firearms without a background check" It's a useless gesture that people who don't look too closely will believe actually does something. The biggie is he's not going to allow a few hundred thousand M1 Garands back into the US. 10 pound, 36" long semi-auto rifles that don't have a detachable magazine that quite a few people would like as a 30-06 rifle with a lot of US history attached to it.

I've got nothing useful to add here except that I was just wondering where you were, and here you are!

As for the rest of this thread, always fun to see the "worked up" gun crowd, regardless of whether or not you are, in fact,  "worked up". 

Carry on.

2013-08-29 4:41 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

Great... now there will be a run on M1's at the gun shop.

2013-08-29 4:44 PM

User image

Champion
PA
Originally posted by switch

Originally posted by DanielG "See? I closed a loophole that allowed people to legally get firearms without a background check" It's a useless gesture that people who don't look too closely will believe actually does something. The biggie is he's not going to allow a few hundred thousand M1 Garands back into the US. 10 pound, 36" long semi-auto rifles that don't have a detachable magazine that quite a few people would like as a 30-06 rifle with a lot of US history attached to it.

I've got nothing useful to add here except that I was just wondering where you were, and here you are!

As for the rest of this thread, always fun to see the "worked up" gun crowd, regardless of whether or not you are, in fact,  "worked up". 

Carry on.

There is only so much misinformation you can read before you want to punch someone in the face.

2013-08-29 5:09 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Pector55

Carry on.

There is only so much misinformation you can read before you want to punch someone in the face.

Dude, tell me about it.  I have a heavy bag hanging in my kitchen.  I get it :)
2013-08-29 5:10 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Carry on.

**EDIT**

Sorry, was getting worked up.  ;-)

Edited by tuwood 2013-08-29 5:23 PM
2013-08-29 5:16 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
LHOTP

nice shoes bro

EDIT* I was actually trying to find something in a different vein to respond to your "kitty," but I got distracted by this guy's mad skillz.  Seemed perfectly appropriate.  Is he one of yours? :)

Edited by switch 2013-08-29 5:32 PM
2013-08-29 5:20 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Originally posted by Pector55

Carry on.

I know! Right?

2013-08-29 5:43 PM

User image

Carry on.

I'm slumming in Orlando waiting for Saturday to be in ATL to watch Alabama Vs VA Tech.

2013-08-29 6:04 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by DanielG

Carry on.

I'm slumming in Orlando waiting for Saturday to be in ATL to watch Alabama Vs VA Tech.
Well, I can't say that travel pattern makes sense, but what do I know...ROLL TIDE
2013-08-29 6:05 PM

Carry on.

Well, I can't say that travel pattern makes sense, but what do I know...ROLL TIDE

Your avatar is well I don't get it
2013-08-29 6:14 PM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

Champion
PA
Originally posted by Puppetmaster

Carry on.

OMG, I looked closer and realized that it's not Tony and Yanti as I originally thought.  My eyes!!!

2013-08-29 6:23 PM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Carry on.

It's Yanti. A number of BT folk have changed their Avis to pics from her albums in honor of her IM this weekend. I picked the one I liked the best
2013-08-29 6:35 PM

Carry on.

It's Yanti. A number of BT folk have changed their Avis to pics from her albums in honor of her IM this weekend. I picked the one I liked the best

Oh, I should have put on my glasses.....I was hearing YMCA playing in my head

2013-08-29 6:54 PM

User image

Carry on.

My back yard:

So I'm toughing it out until Friday afternoon.

2013-08-29 7:15 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Gotcha. Some places in Orlando are pretty sketchy; you're obviously not in one of them. I used to go to Winter Park for spring training. Good times. Have fun!
2013-09-11 12:22 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

CO voters recall 2 State Senators (both "D") who supported statewide universal background checks.  I'm too lazy and not savy enough to post a link; but it appears that the ousted Senators raised MORE money than their opposition and the the NRA donated a 'mere' $500,000 (which is frankly, small change, in todays political landscape IMO).

The Democratic process worked as designed and the voting public's voices were heard.   Interesting......

2013-09-11 12:28 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by jeffnboise

CO voters recall 2 State Senators (both "D") who supported statewide universal background checks.  I'm too lazy and not savy enough to post a link; but it appears that the ousted Senators raised MORE money than their opposition and the the NRA donated a 'mere' $500,000 (which is frankly, small change, in todays political landscape IMO).

The Democratic process worked as designed and the voting public's voices were heard.   Interesting......

I saw that this morning as well.  Purely from a political standpoint, it's one of those issues that crosses political boundaries for support.  There are a lot of pro gun Democrats as well as Republicans.

I suspect we won't see too many big pushes for additional gun control in the foreseeable future.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Yay, a gun thread Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

STUDY: Using Guns for Defense Leads to Fewer Injuries

Started by DanielG
Views: 2242 Posts: 20

2013-06-28 7:22 PM DanielG

Medical Groups Oppose Gun-Law Change To Share Mental Health Records

Started by DanielG
Views: 1894 Posts: 11

2013-06-19 2:04 PM powerman