Other Resources My Cup of Joe » buying a long gun in Florida Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2013-12-25 1:02 PM

Subject: buying a long gun in Florida
I can't recall the laws, can I buy in Florida when I am here in person?
Joe

2013-12-25 3:04 PM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

Subject: RE: buying a long gun in Florida
No, you can only buy it when you're not there in person. Short guns you can buy when there's another person there in the third person.

Buy some flowers instead (any length)
2013-12-25 6:57 PM

User image

Originally posted by Puppetmaster

I can't recall the laws, can I buy in Florida when I am here in person?
Joe

Depends on your state law.
Odds are you can buy from an FFL in person. You cannot buy from a non-dealer unless they send it to an FFL in your state, though.

http://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unli...
Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]
2013-12-27 8:49 AM

User image

Regular
You have to be a Florida resident to by any firearm in Florida, long gun or handgun, Class II and III you need a Trust.
2013-12-27 9:57 AM
in reply to: isyphoto

User image

Originally posted by isyphoto

You have to be a Florida resident to by any firearm in Florida, long gun or handgun, Class II and III you need a Trust.

That used to be true, about 20 years ago.
Handguns you would have to have the FFL ship to an FFL in your home state and pretty much forget about NFA weapons.

But a rifle/shotgun you can buy in any state as long as it's legal to own in both the state your buying it in as well as your home state and you can carry it out of the store you bought it in. You don't have to ship to an FFL in your own state. You must buy from an FFL, cannot buy from a person.

Looking at the Florida's Department of Law Enforcement pages, you can write them to make sure:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/a6ab812a-94c0-46fd-914b-...

and here's a FL FFL's page about this very topic:
http://www.chipleypawnshop.com/firearmsales/
Long Gun Sales - (No Waiting Period)

To purchase a long gun (rifle, shotgun, etc) in the State of Florida, the following criteria must be met by the buyer :

Purchaser May Be From Any State
A State Issued Photo ID Is Required
Must Be At Least 18 Years of Age or Older
Buyer Must Pass A Federal Firearms Background Check
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » buying a long gun in Florida Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Wifey bought an expensive gun Pages: 1 2

Started by bradleyd3
Views: 1945 Posts: 33

2013-04-12 10:48 AM Pector55

College Football Rivalry, Florida State vs Florida Pages: 1 2

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 1761 Posts: 27

2008-09-03 6:03 PM NavyTRIChief

Buy a car get a gun

Started by paddle2paddle
Views: 867 Posts: 5

2008-05-23 3:09 PM speedball

which gun to buy? Pages: 1 2

Started by ASA22
Views: 1353 Posts: 37

2008-05-21 1:50 PM guncollector

Big Gun Go Boom

Started by ChuckyFinster
Views: 603 Posts: 2

2005-11-30 6:42 PM tyrant
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 14, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
comments : 2
Going for broke in a race, as a pro or an amateur, can mean failure or exhilaration -- or both.

date : December 12, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
We are often asked the question, "What size frame should I buy" and the answer is “it depends”. I know that’s not the answer you want to hear, but hopefully the following will shed some more light.
date : August 21, 2008
author : TriChica
comments : 8
I thought of all the times I didn’t attempt something I wanted to do because I was too afraid of trying something new or of failing completely.

date : August 13, 2008
author : say78
In February, I was given a very special gift: a gift certificate to buy a nice road bike. That's when I realized there was no turning back. I WAS doing this.
date : April 1, 2008
author : sportfactory
comments : 1
How will a power meter help my cycling training and racing? A few questions and answers will help determine if a power meter will be good for you.

date : June 11, 2007
author : Total Immersion
comments : 3
Most of those thinking about tackling a long swim instinctively feel it’s necessary to Do much to build endurance - more yards, harder laps. But a focus on Receiving is ideal for long distances.
date : November 14, 2004
author : czone
At one of my last swim sessions the week of my first Ironman, one of my training partners told me how she was envious..."your first Ironman is fun, you have no pressure and no expectations!"

date : September 10, 2004
author : steve
comments : 1
Well I said that I was not going to do it this season, but I cracked. I broke down and bought a new bike. I went out and bought a shiny new Cannondale road bike.