General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin ant+ for iphone or polar HRM with bluetooth Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-12-27 9:15 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Subject: Garmin ant+ for iphone or polar HRM with bluetooth
Every since I dumped my garmin for my polar watch I have never looked back for the most part. My HR watch is dead and I though about getting something for my ipod touch gen 4. Thinking it might be better than a cheap watch for the gym.

I have no idea how well either of these work.

Pro Garmin ant+ Adapter
I am already garmin vested and have several HR straps
IT is cheaper investment
might work with foot pod at the same time if I get another one of those.
cons
Gym has a programable trendmills I can program my work out in so if I use the adapter I can not use that feature.

Polar
Does not require an adapter on the end.
cons
I store all my training on garmin and do not plan not switching other garmins products.

2013-12-27 10:00 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Garmin ant+ for iphone or polar HRM with bluetooth
Originally posted by chirunner134

Every since I dumped my garmin for my polar watch I have never looked back for the most part. My HR watch is dead and I though about getting something for my ipod touch gen 4. Thinking it might be better than a cheap watch for the gym.

I have no idea how well either of these work.

Pro Garmin ant+ Adapter
I am already garmin vested and have several HR straps
IT is cheaper investment
might work with foot pod at the same time if I get another one of those.
cons
Gym has a programable trendmills I can program my work out in so if I use the adapter I can not use that feature.

Polar
Does not require an adapter on the end.
cons
I store all my training on garmin and do not plan not switching other garmins products.

I have the wahoo dongle for the iphone and it's fine. It makes the iphone a bit bigger, but I put it in a pouch on running belt. You then have speed/GPS route.....It talks to you when running, tell you your pace and other. It's kind of cool. Very simple upload to Garmin Connect, Strava, Training Peaks, Facebook..

One downside is the day your iPhone dies and you need to get the new generation, it probably won't fit anymore. The new iPhone have a different plug

Other upside is you can use it on the bike with Cadence, HR. Downside it drains the battery more

If you always have your iphone with you anyways, the ant+ dongle is good IMO.

I also have the Garmin FR70 watch which is great for HRM, Footpod and every day wear.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin ant+ for iphone or polar HRM with bluetooth Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Garmin 310XT w/ Ant Stick + HRM $189

Started by Rock31
Views: 858 Posts: 2

2013-02-26 7:17 PM TriGuy05

Iphone App - Ant+ / Powermeter Display

Started by harleyclone
Views: 1696 Posts: 3

2012-10-31 7:39 PM wolfador

Does Garmin Speed/Cadence come with ANT USB?

Started by BernardDogs
Views: 589 Posts: 3

2011-12-31 4:50 PM BernardDogs

Garmin Product Announcement: ANT+ Adapter for iPhone.

Started by Tom Demerly.
Views: 2092 Posts: 4

2011-10-25 6:55 PM tri808

Garmin 310XT and pairing with ANT+-HELP!

Started by SSMinnow
Views: 6362 Posts: 7

2010-04-09 12:43 AM Khyron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 11, 2012
author : NewClydesdale
comments : 0
The Polar RCX5 is a robust multi-sport watch with a sleek, comfortable profile. With the right accessories the RCX5 can provide you with heartrate, speed, cadence and GPS data.

date : November 12, 2009
author : Coach AJ
In this review, we put the Garmin Forerunner 405 and the Suunto T6C heart-rate and GPS watches through the wringers.
date : September 28, 2009
author : Coach AJ
New products from Athlete 3, Fuji, Garmin, Kestrel, LiveStrong, Reynolds, Scott, Specialized, Shimano and Vision Tech

date : June 18, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 3
Easily transfer your workout data from your Garmin, Polar, Timex and more directly into your BT training log. Eliminate the manual entries. Save time!
date : March 26, 2008
Instructions on how to directly upload routes from your Garmin training device into your training logs.

date : November 29, 2004
author : chrisandniki
comments : 1
So for the triathlete, where do you begin? Which model is best? Here are some features to consider before looking at specific models.
date : September 5, 2004
Important terms and definitions for many words encountered in the world of triathlons

date : September 5, 2004
During this past year, I’ve found that there are secrets “out there” - hidden fitness secrets and tips.