General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ladies -- recommend me bike shorts for the trainer Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-05 6:35 PM

User image

Regular
Washington, DC
Subject: ladies -- recommend me bike shorts for the trainer
I'm usually a De Soto girl -- I'm loyal to my 400 mile shorts for outdoor rides and my Forza tri suit for racing. But now it's winter and I'm riding exclusively on the trainer, and I'm finding that it's way, way tougher on my undercarriage than riding on the road. The 400 mile shorts are painless for even my longest rides on the road, but anything over 1.5 hours on the trainer is pretty uncomfortable.

I have a pair of Giordana shorts with a much thicker pad than the 400 mile shorts, and the thicker pad is way more comfy on the trainer. But otherwise, I don't care for the shorts. I'm looking for shorts with a thicker pad and a chamois that's wider, if that makes sense? I'm really narrow-hipped (I have to ziptie the nose of my Adamo saddle) and have a pretty bony butt, so I don't know if that makes a difference?

I welcome shorts recommendations, or anything I can do to make the trainer easier on the ol' Lady Bird Johnson. It's a long winter.

2014-01-06 7:39 AM
in reply to: meggfishy

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: ladies -- recommend me bike shorts for the trainer

I like Terry bike shorts with flex chamois or Shebeest SSS shorts.

2014-01-06 10:20 AM

User image

Specialized has the best shorts. I used to be a fan of Sheebest, now I can't believe I thought those were a biking short.

Send me a personal message and I can work with you on ordering some. My husband owns a bike shop and can order them for you.
2014-01-06 10:44 AM
in reply to: tarmac52

User image

Bronze member

Are you on a tri bike or a road bike on the trainer? Tri bike is a lot more uncomfortable for me on the trainer. On the road bike I can just throw on a pair of running shorts and be good for an hour or so. Longer than that and I'll put on some tri shorts.

I don't have a lot of saddle issues but I've always been happy with zoot tri shorts.

2014-01-06 11:57 AM
in reply to: 0

New user
Key West
Originally posted by meggfishy

I'm usually a De Soto girl -- I'm loyal to my 400 mile shorts for outdoor rides and my Forza tri suit for racing. But now it's winter and I'm riding exclusively on the trainer, and I'm finding that it's way, way tougher on my undercarriage than riding on the road. The 400 mile shorts are painless for even my longest rides on the road, but anything over 1.5 hours on the trainer is pretty uncomfortable.

I have a pair of Giordana shorts with a much thicker pad than the 400 mile shorts, and the thicker pad is way more comfy on the trainer. But otherwise, I don't care for the shorts. I'm looking for shorts with a thicker pad and a chamois that's wider, if that makes sense? I'm really narrow-hipped (I have to ziptie the nose of my Adamo saddle) and have a pretty bony butt, so I don't know if that makes a difference?

I welcome shorts recommendations, or anything I can do to make the trainer easier on the ol' Lady Bird Johnson. It's a long winter.

So glad you asked this question. I just did a couple hour ride on my indoor trainer with my road bike and had to talk myself through the last 30 min. plus because I was in so much pain. My TRI bike is actually more comfortable because I got a Terry saddle, but I just have the stock saddle on my road bike (Trek) and it sucks. Anyway, will take the recommendations for thicker shorts as well.

Edited by topolina 2014-01-06 11:58 AM
2014-01-06 11:58 AM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by meggfishy I'm usually a De Soto girl -- I'm loyal to my 400 mile shorts for outdoor rides and my Forza tri suit for racing. But now it's winter and I'm riding exclusively on the trainer, and I'm finding that it's way, way tougher on my undercarriage than riding on the road. The 400 mile shorts are painless for even my longest rides on the road, but anything over 1.5 hours on the trainer is pretty uncomfortable. I have a pair of Giordana shorts with a much thicker pad than the 400 mile shorts, and the thicker pad is way more comfy on the trainer. But otherwise, I don't care for the shorts. I'm looking for shorts with a thicker pad and a chamois that's wider, if that makes sense? I'm really narrow-hipped (I have to ziptie the nose of my Adamo saddle) and have a pretty bony butt, so I don't know if that makes a difference? I welcome shorts recommendations, or anything I can do to make the trainer easier on the ol' Lady Bird Johnson. It's a long winter.

I seriously put on TWO PAIRS of shorts for trainer rides. Just double it up.  

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ladies -- recommend me bike shorts for the trainer Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

recommend a trainer and bike rack (car)

Started by disturbed
Views: 1753 Posts: 21

2010-12-13 11:53 AM Khyron

Tri-shorts more comfortable then regular bike shorts on trainer

Started by Klaussprecht
Views: 1708 Posts: 18

2010-11-06 5:52 PM Klaussprecht

can you recommend a good bike trainer?? Pages: 1 2

Started by CarenM
Views: 1664 Posts: 35

2006-09-23 7:34 AM fb444

Can anyone recommend a good bike trainer?

Started by joscon
Views: 854 Posts: 3

2004-09-26 10:20 AM TriMom217

Recommended Bike Trainers??

Started by charles81
Views: 682 Posts: 2

2004-09-21 12:25 PM Browe79
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 28, 2011
author : juliapurr
comments : 0
Bored out of your mind or watching a movie? Amp it up on the bike trainer.

date : June 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries
date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.

date : November 11, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Sleep is one of your answers to keep the doctor away. But how much is enough sleep? We'll discuss the benefits of getting a proper amount of sleep and the risks of not getting enough.
date : December 28, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 1
Tired of your bike trainer already? Here are two indoor bike trainer workouts that you can use to keep things interesting while keeping your cycling fitness up.

date : December 3, 2008
author : dexter
comments : 15
What are rollers? How can rollers help your bike training? Learn how to use your first set of rollers without doing too much bodily harm to yourself.
date : October 12, 2004
author : robinskj
A busy, fat lady gets hooked on Tri's. You can too!

date : September 1, 2004
author : TriSports.com
As the Holiday season approaches and temperatures steadily drop, triathletes become faced with a difficult decision, to ride or not to ride.