General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Adjustments to Don Fink HIM plan Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-02-20 1:39 PM

User image

Subject: Adjustments to Don Fink HIM plan
Curious...
Plan has the swim and run together during the week and the bike alone. Will it matter if I switch it up and do Bike/Swim instead? This will allow me to visit the gym 1x/day as opposed to twice. (Treadmill and swim are at the gym, bike is in my basement) At least until the weather changes and I can get outside in the daylight.) I can get in all sessions and do them at the proper intensity. Just could use a little more flexibility with how to group them. Thanks in advance!

Laura

2014-02-23 1:11 AM
in reply to: nadaswimmer

User image

Pearland,Tx
Subject: RE: Adjustments to Don Fink HIM plan
Originally posted by nadaswimmer

Curious...
Plan has the swim and run together during the week and the bike alone. Will it matter if I switch it up and do Bike/Swim instead? This will allow me to visit the gym 1x/day as opposed to twice. (Treadmill and swim are at the gym, bike is in my basement) At least until the weather changes and I can get outside in the daylight.) I can get in all sessions and do them at the proper intensity. Just could use a little more flexibility with how to group them. Thanks in advance!

Laura

Laura

i have the book too. Unless the TP is calling for a brick ill re-arrange them which fits my schedule without compromising recovery.

Goodluck to your race

Cheers!!!
2014-02-24 8:36 AM
in reply to: nadaswimmer

User image

Master
New Jersey
Subject: RE: Adjustments to Don Fink HIM plan
I've used his Full plans. First time I followed it to the letter. Second time, I re-organized things to suit my life better and took some advice from Friel's "Going Long" to concentrate on being fresh for specific key workouts during the week. Improved by over an hour. Yes, experience and knowledge played a part, but the point is, a training plan is just a plan and you'll get better results if you do what's right for you.

And I see no difference in doing swim and bike on the same day vs. swim and run.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Adjustments to Don Fink HIM plan Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Don Fink Plan Adjustment

Started by sergiolapc
Views: 1737 Posts: 7

2012-12-28 2:04 PM ironcop17

Adapting Don Fink's Be Iron Fit IM plan to HIM

Started by TriRSquared
Views: 4168 Posts: 7

2011-08-05 3:18 PM Oldteen

Training Plan Help (Don Fink Competitive Program)

Started by Mike In Seattle
Views: 4549 Posts: 8

2010-07-23 7:36 PM rottieguy

Anyone using Don Fink's IM plan?

Started by CourtneyM
Views: 12618 Posts: 14

2009-04-25 12:44 AM toddg

Don Fink's Be Iron Fit Plan Question

Started by mattb1
Views: 2390 Posts: 3

2009-02-15 11:07 PM VinemanCalifornia
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 23, 2011
author : MultisportWorld
comments : 0
This panel discussion will cover many questions on heart rate monitors, powermeters and testing.

date : February 3, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Scheduling workouts in the Custom Training Plan Creator for an ideal, balanced, injury-free season
date : June 14, 2010
author : Oakley
In this Oakley Armchair Session, British triathlete Tim Don talks about a few tips to prepare you for your open water swim.

date : January 8, 2010
In this Oakley Armchair Session, British triathlete Tim Don talks about that 'perfect day off' - as triathletes, it's needed.
date : October 9, 2009
In this Oakley Armchair Session, British triathlete Tim Don talks about a few variations for brick training.

date : August 14, 2009
In this Oakley Armchair Session, British triathlete Tim Don talks about the importance of triathlon clubs for your training.
date : June 30, 2009
author : FitWerx
Are your brakes not slowing you down enough? Are your wheels rubbing on them? This video will cover the basics on adjusting your own bicycle brakes.

date : July 17, 2005
author : Brandon Heflin
So how do you plan for a season? Below, I’ve created a simple five step process to use as a primer for season planning.