Always
Never
Depends on items on Sale

2014-11-14 7:39 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

Master
Memphis, TN
Subject: RE: Black Friday/Thursday Shoppers
I went last year to Best Buy on Thanksgiving night for a specific item. It was pretty cool. It was like waiting in line for concert tickets back when I was a teenager before internet sales of tickets. I talked to all kinds of different people about what they were there for and other stuff in general. With some of the stores opening on Thursday for the door buster deals the next day on Friday isn't nearly as bad. My wife goes every year on Friday morning.

2014-11-15 8:57 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Pro

I used to go every year in high school with my friend, but usually a few hours after the initial insanity to observe the aftermath and pick up a few things on sale.

Lately, the family has been driving to VT after Thanksgiving dinner, and I'm on the slopes when they open Friday morning

2014-11-18 1:05 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Extreme Veteran
The Woodlands/Magnolia, TX.
Me, my wife, and my father-in-law go every year. It's become a tradition. We pick a couple things we couldn't possibly live without and get up really early and have a good time. To be honest, it's more for the people watching and the challenge of parking.

The people watching is self-explanatory..there is no shortage of bat-chit crazy people out there, and God help me but I love to watch them.

The parking is something unique to me. I'm a self-proclaimed 'front row joe' (front row anthony doesn't have the same ring). We've figured out that I have some sort of shopping super power that gives me front row parking everywhere I go. For as long as I can remember paying attention to it, I continually park no further than 5 spots from the the store/mall entrance. I use black friday to challenge that super power every year, and time and time again I prove myself as some sort of parking freak. I roll up, pick the first row I see, and bam...an open parking spot that some people would kill for (probably have, sadly) on days like black friday. Anyway, it's now a tradition to go out and have fun and watch people freak out at lines, parking, limited supplies of stuff, and all the other stuff people hate about black friday. We're just weird enough to enjoy it. Plus, it's a good way to get all the shopping done and not have to drag it out over several weekend when I'd rather be enjoying the great outdoors.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Black Friday/Thursday Shoppers Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Black Friday Shoppers??? Pages: 1 2

Started by jford2309
Views: 3168 Posts: 27

2012-11-23 8:42 PM tuwood

Thursday / Friday Humor

Started by CalgaryRunner
Views: 797 Posts: 3

2009-10-24 3:30 PM Runr79

Poetry Thursday on Friday?

Started by Renee
Views: 766 Posts: 7

2007-09-28 2:16 PM barqhead

a little friday black humor

Started by autumn
Views: 726 Posts: 3

2006-11-03 12:11 PM autumn

Friday Funnies (started Thursday night)

Started by tupuppy
Views: 927 Posts: 11

2006-09-01 4:57 PM dgunthert
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 7, 2008
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
In part 2 of this series on mid-range fullsuits, we review the De Soto Black Pearl Bibjohn & Pullover combination for comfort, warmth, buoyancy and performance.

date : November 14, 2004
author : Andrea
comments : 0
I'm on the other side of the college-student desk. I'm the one with the red pen in my hand. Those of us with schedules that change from day to day actually have an advantage, I think.