General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimming Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-04 9:09 PM

User image

Subject: Swimming
Any reccomendations for swim lessons near westminster? I can swim....just very very slowly . Thanks!

2015-01-05 1:27 PM
in reply to: doreb

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: RE: Swimming
Lafayette and Broomfield rec centers offer adult swim lessions. OR, join Masters??? as long as you can swim, they offer stroke refinement and help - Thornton and Broomfield and Lafayette all have teams.

OR - http://totalimmersion.net/workshops/details/1555-freestyle-workshop...
the workshop is this weekend and expensive, but very helpful.
2015-01-06 1:31 PM
in reply to: COgirl

User image

Originally posted by COgirl
OR - http://totalimmersion.net/workshops/details/1555-freestyle-workshop...
the workshop is this weekend and expensive, but very helpful.

With underwater video analysis and in-water coaching, the TI workshop isn't a fair comparison to typical rec club swim lessons thus the price difference. Plus it's 14 hours of coaching and analysis over a single weekend which in my opinion, makes it good value. Further, it's an entirely different way of swimming that transforms you to "swim like a fish". I've read the book and done the drills for years but have finally decided myself to get the feedback at the workshop this weekend and take my swimming to the next level.

They offer cheaper options in the form of 1-hour lessons also but the per hour cost of those are more than the workshop.
2015-01-06 9:27 PM

User image

Thx...I will look into the masters stuff ??
2015-01-06 9:55 PM
in reply to: doreb

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Both Broomfield's and Thornton's masters groups are very well run. And Thornton's is at the VMAC (the 50 meter pool). I haven't tried Lafayette's before.
2015-03-11 3:16 PM

User image

Hi Doreb - I was even worse off than you seem to be! Couldn't swim at all. I had a coach at North Boulder Rec Center (signed up there so I could also train in the Boulder Resevoir when it's open) and was being taught by Geoff Hawksworth. He's since left the rec center and I believe he's moving to somewhere closer to Flatirons Mall. Happy to pass on his details if you'd like... incredible coach, great focus on form, trains pro triathletes too...

Also, I signed up to masters and it's a great piece of advice.

David

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimming Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Swim Lessons/Masters Swim Programs - Denver

Started by saturdaygolfer
Views: 1374 Posts: 5

2011-06-05 8:32 PM guptask

BT CO - Group Swim/Bike Sat. 8/6

Started by TriForrestTri
Views: 1311 Posts: 20

2005-08-15 2:28 PM Gearwhore

Another late swim announcement

Started by joeinco
Views: 719 Posts: 4

2005-07-21 1:10 PM pippen

BT-CO open water swim (LATE)

Started by joeinco
Views: 851 Posts: 2

2005-07-19 9:04 AM COgirl

Colorado BT'ers - Swimming at Chatfield (warning from park director)

Started by luv2ride
Views: 1109 Posts: 6

2005-07-05 6:42 PM Alpine87
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 13, 2011
author : garyhallsr
comments : 2
What triathletes can learn from a new world record in the 1500 meters

date : July 18, 2011
author : garyhallsr
comments : 5
World-record swimmer gives advice on correct breathing technique
date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.

date : March 17, 2008
author : randomescape
comments : 10
I first decided I was going to "do" a triathlon in 1994. It wasn't until 13 years later, in 2007 that I actually did. Why did it take me 13 years to get to the starting line? The swim!
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : April 2, 2006
Discussions on endurance building, bilateral breathing, kick drills with zoomers, tri versus competitive swimming, ramping up for a HIM and swim golf.
date : May 3, 2005
comments : 1
Swimming and golf can both present you with a meditative-like form of exercise that I have found to be both fulfilling and fun!

date : October 10, 2004
Many people in the triathlon world think they need to just emulate Ian Thorpe to have a faster time, or have a similar stroke to Michael Phelps to cruise through the swim. Unfortunately...