Race Day Events
84F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 31m 47s
Overall Rank = 16/150
Age Group = 30-35
Age Group Rank = 3/22
Pre-race routine:

Up at 6:30, clif bar for breakfast, rode 2 miles to Start. Got transition area set up about 7:15 and was ready to go
Event warmup:

The hotel was about 2 miles from the start and transtion area, so I rode to the start shich was nice. I got the trans area set up and did abiout a 300m swim wwarm up
Swim
  • 26m 17s
  • 1500 meters
  • 01m 45s / 100 meters
Comments:

I set out for an easy swim. Felt like I sited well, stayed very relaxed, and felt good coming out of the water. I definitely coyuld have gone faster and farther, so I felt really good about the rest of the race
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. I definitely could have gone faster, but I might have paid for it on the bike and run
Transition 1
  • 03m 38s
Comments:

We had almost a 1/4 mile run - all uphill- from the lake to the Transition area. It wasn't fun, but I passed 2 people running up the hill. Got shoes and helmet on quickly and was off without any real problems

nothing
Bike
  • 1h 09m 53s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 21.34 mile/hr
Comments:

Going out I felt kind of slow, like I was working too hard and going too fast. At the turnaround, I ralized I was 12th overall and noone in my age group had passed me. I was very excited about that and felt much faster on the way back in. Felt like I ate and drank a good amount. It was the first time I had tried Cluif Blocks and they were very good. Will have to remember them for the next race

nothing
Transition 2
  • 00m 53s
Comments:

Smooth T2, no real issues

nothing
Run
  • 51m 9s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 14s  min/mile
Comments:

The first hill was downhill, and I split in about 7:30 and I thought I would kill the run. I still did well miles 2,3 averaging right at 8minutes. I hit the wall about 4.5 miles and walked 100 yards or so. The last mile was out of the woods back up the hill from the lake and it was hot. I knew that I was well behind those in front of me becuase I couls see at least 1/4 kile up the road, adnd there was noone behind me when I got to the top so I walked probably 250yards until I was right around the corner from the Finish. I sprinted in strongly, but I probably could have cut at least 1 minuted form the time, maybe a bit more, but I knew I couldn't catch anyone in front, and I knmew noone wuold catch me from behind. It's a wimpy excuse but it worked out well.

Nothing. Maybe slow down a bit the first mile. I carries a bottle of water with me which I primarily used to pour over me to cool off. This was a good thing. At the rest stops, I drank 1/2 cup of gatorade, 1/2 cup water, adn poured the rest of the water on me. Again, this seemed to work out well
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around got some food.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

the run was hot, but not as bad as last year

Event comments:

Race was very well organized, friendly staff. Very nice T shirt, amenities. The setting is great. Nice lake, pretty scenery on the bike, and a mostly shaded run. Will definnitely plan to keep doing this race. The lodge is right at the race site so that is very convenient, too.

Last updated: 2006-08-25 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:26:17 | 1500 meters | 01m 45s / 100meters
Age Group: 5/22
Overall: 17/150
Performance: Average
Suit: just my shorts
Course: Triangle swim in the lake at FCF. The coursed seemed very long. Overall times across the board were slow - noone under 20min. Talking to several others after the race, they all felt the same way
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 83F / 28C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Average Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 03:38
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes