United States
60F / 16C
Overcast
Total Time = 25m 5s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 5:45 like normal. Went to the bathroom, ate breakfast (peanut butter CLIF bar, apple, and fruit juice), and read for a while before leaving the house. Got to the race at 8:00 or so, an hour before the start. Also met up wtih my co-worker who was doing her first 5k.
Event warmup:

Hung around with all the other runners, just soaking up the tail-gateing atmosphere (we're good at that while we're at Arrowhead), listening to the drum corp get us all fired up, while KC Wolf entertained us. Did some dynamic stretching and some light jogging to warm up.
Run
  • 25m 5s
  • 5 kms
  • 05m 01s  min/km
Comments:

This was a great course, actually, and really well supported. My plan was to run 8:00/mile, which I ended up doing. I lost signal on my Garmin while going through the concourse, but I held the pace really well. My first mile was actually 7:45, so I had to slow down a touch, but it was feeling good (race day excitement and all that).
What would you do differently?:

Not a thing! This was a great race to start with now that I'm back up and running again! Fitting, too, for me, that it was at Arrowhead Stadium. :)
Post race
Warm down:

Stretched a bit, ate a banana, drank some water. Went to the finisher's chute and cheered on the other finishers while waiting on my co-worker. She finished in 41 minutes - so proud of her!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing - this was a perfect effort.

Event comments:

This was a very well-run event with plenty of pre- and post-race activities and entertainment. I'm a huge Chiefs fan (in case you couldn't tell), so this was the perfect 5k race for me. The course was good - fast - and the volunteer staff was great and supportive.

Last updated: 2015-05-18 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:05 | 05 kms | 05m 01s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: The course was a good course, taking us around the stadium parking lot and then into, and through, the stadium concourse and the Chiefs Hall of Honor. As a major Chiefs fan, this was a real treat to me. The course finished by going through the training fields and into the intdoor training field, finishing on the 50 yard line in there. Got to give KC Wolf a big high-five and a hug when I finished.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2015-05-24 7:13 AM

User image

Subject: KC Chiefs 5k
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » KC Chiefs 5k Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

KC Slimdown Challenge 5k

Started by Jermmaley
Views: 900 Posts: 1

2011-09-27 1:42 PM Jermmaley

Chief Joseph Run

Started by pronghorn
Views: 765 Posts: 1

2009-07-05 9:57 AM pronghorn

KC Corp Challenge Triathlon

Started by CorkyC
Views: 1258 Posts: 3

2006-06-16 9:31 AM jennrs

KC Corp Challenge 5k

Started by CorkyC
Views: 1017 Posts: 1

2006-05-14 4:44 PM CorkyC

KC 2005 Race for the Cure 5K

Started by katieyows
Views: 1048 Posts: 2

2005-08-16 1:23 PM markdills38
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 17, 2010
author : mjfewell
comments : 3
In November of 2000, I noticed that I was losing the feeling in my toes. The sensation traveled up my body and within a week, I was nearly 80% paralyzed.

date : October 30, 2005
author : acbadger
comments : 0
First, with your upcoming 5K, I strongly advise you to check out the “Couch to 5K” training schedule. This training schedule is a GREAT way to get back into running safely and wisely.
date : October 24, 2004
author : tri-en
comments : 0
If you are like many runners you may be frustrated at racing 5K distances and never being able to run them faster. Improve your race pace with this flexible 12 week program.

date : September 26, 2004
author : jhealy422
comments : 2
For as long as I can remember, I’ve had weight issues. I remember standing on the scale as a child weighing 60 pounds and feeling fat. My family dealt with stress by eating.
date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 6
Couch to 5k programs for those starting from square one.

comments : 12
This aggressive couch to 5k program will get you running from nothing and will be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.
This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.

Overview of two walk/run routines for training for a 5K.