Overall Rank = 3/5
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Swim
  • 08m 30s
  • 437 yards
  • 01m 56s / 100 yards
Comments:

Had a funny little anxiety attack in the middle of the swim that goofed me up. I really dislike pool swims compared to the open-water. It's just way too repetitive and high-pressure for me :) And then to top it all off, it was still supposedly a slow swim.. I don't know. At least this race wasn't a big deal-
What would you do differently?:

Swim in a lake!
Transition 1
  • 02m 13s
Comments:

Had a good transition... In fact, it was the fastest of the bunch. Had to run out of the pool area to a thrown-together transition area with our bikes just leaning against the fence. We had to run up 3-4 steps on a narrow sidewalk with our bike before we could mount on a trail.

Nada... Good enough for this race.
Bike
  • 31m 16s
  • 10 miles
  • 19.19 mile/hr
Comments:

I was happy with this ride. I took off out of T1 slightly behind Brett (not sure whether I went an extra lap in the pool or if Brett skipped one). I had to play catch-up, and I was determined to make up my time gap on the bike regardless. Brett and I were neck-and-neck for most of the first lap, and I might have pulled ahead further had I not went too far on the course. Went one block too far so Brett gained on me. I managed to catch back up and pushed pretty hard through the second lap to gain a considerable lead over Brett (and didn't make the same mistake twice :))

Make sure I KNOW the course before I attempt it. Although again, this race didn't matter much since it was just mostly for fun (but aren't they all?)
Transition 2
  • 01m 4s
Comments:

Transition seemed to go pretty smooth- I was mostly stalling to get plenty of drink before taking off. I hadn't had a sip during the bike ride.

Dunno... It went the way it usually goes. Good enough for me ;)
Run
  • 25m 16s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

Ok... I probably could have squeezed more out of myself for this run, but again, I took it pretty easy. I've got this crazy lust for "cheating" in my run, i.e., WALKING when my HR gets up and I'm around a corner where it seems no one can see me. I did it two or three times (mostly on the hills). I like to call it "heart rate management". The others call it "sandbagging". I don't know why I do it... Heck, I just ran an entire half-marathon without stopping two weeks ago! There's something about running after a swim and bike that makes it alot harder!

I guess I'd run the entire thing. I might have shaved a minute or more off of my time had I done it.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

I was semi-frustrated with the way the pool swim went. I was disappointed that it didn't feel easier than it did for the supposed distance. I was especially flustered when I saw Brett out of the pool already, since I'm typically swimming a good 5-10 sec/50 yd faster. So that was a bad start to the race, causing me to sort of think "Oh well".

Event comments:

It was a fun race, one that our company plans to incorporate into the festivities next year. It should be alot more fun when a larger portion of the company has the option to participate!

Last updated: 2006-08-27 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:30 | 437 yards | 01m 56s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/5
Performance: Average
Suit: Jammer
Course: Pool... We're debating the actual length of the pool, since our times were unusually slow (for all of us)
Start type: Dive Plus: Shot
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:13
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:31:16 | 10 miles | 19.19 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Wind: None
Course: Pretty tough. A ~5 mile loop x2 around Midway. Some faster slightly downhill sections, but a couple uphill sections that required shifting down to 1st gear bringing down the average speed.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:04
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:25:16 | 03.11 miles | 08m 07s  min/mile
Performance: Average
Course: Again, a tough course with a slight uphill climb for just about the first mile. Flattened out for most of the middle section and then in first part of the third mile, another climb.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-08-27 5:44 PM

User image

Regular
Draper, Utah
Subject: "Navitri" at the Homestead

2006-08-28 3:00 PM
in reply to: #523432

User image

Expert
Tremonton, Utah
Subject: RE: "Navitri" at the Homestead

Congratulations, Mr. Bronze Medalist!  Despite my best efforts to beat you ( you know doing little things like swimming 50 meters short, letting you ride a couple blocks off course,) you still managed to beat me!  You're the man

Looking forward to the next one!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » "Navitri" at the Homestead Rss Feed