United States
Mountain Swim Series
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 16m 3s
Overall Rank = 55/182
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 6/26
Pre-race routine:

english muffin, jelly, gatorade, coffee.
Event warmup:

stretched, ran short bit, suited up, stood around, in the water to swim a bit to start.
Swim
  • 1h 16m 3s
  • 5280 yards
  • 01m 26s / 100 yards
Post race
Event comments:

First year for this race. Seemed a bit disorganized. No one directing parking. Many people had to move their cars out of parking lot adjacent to registration and to a further lot as it was for boaters only and not marked as such. No ID required for check-in. Bus took participants to race start, about 3.3 miles away. Not a great race for spectating. Course map sent out prior to race was hand drawn and I doubt to scale. Would have been nice to know which buoy landmarked 1 (or 1.2) or 2 (or 2.4) mile markers. Race started 15-20 minutes late. Had adequate toileting facilities.

Major dislike was about half way through the race, buoys seemed to become nonexistant. Kept trying to site and not able to see any buoys. Heard several people mentioning this after the race as well. Buoys that were present were too far apart. Race organizers kept talking about a bright green buoy as a turn around point; was more like an army green that wasn't the easiest to see from a distance.

Finish line was on right hand side of dock, but not marked, so lots of swimmers were swimming to the left hand side and had to be redirected or told to go back in the water and swim back out and finish on right hand side.

Had gatorade, water, doughnuts and bananas available after the race.

Last updated: 2015-07-12 12:00 AM
Swimming
01:16:03 | 5280 yards | 01m 26s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/26
Overall: 0/182
Performance: Average
25:21/mile
Suit: zoot force 5.0 wetsuit
Course: This was a 3 mile swim. Longest open water swim I have done. Was an enjoyable event minus too few buoys on course which made it a bit more challenging to gauge distane,pacing, etc.
Start type: Deep Water Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Average Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation: Bad
Rounding: Below average
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized?
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2015-07-12 1:45 AM

Subject: Carter Lake Crossing
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Carter Lake Crossing Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Iron Cross -Cross/Mtn Bike

Started by haight2
Views: 806 Posts: 1

2011-10-12 9:23 PM haight2

City Of Lakes Loppet - Cross Country Ski Race

Started by MADFOXZZ75
Views: 1095 Posts: 2

2009-02-02 8:32 AM Birkierunner

Loveland Lake to Lake Pages: 1 2

Started by COgirl
Views: 1872 Posts: 28

2005-06-27 8:59 PM jkbostic

Loveland Lake-to-Lake

Started by kimj81
Views: 1961 Posts: 25

2005-06-28 2:01 PM drewb8

Lake to Lake Tri

Started by joeinco
Views: 1398 Posts: 22

2005-06-28 9:15 AM luv2ride
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 1, 2012
author : CoachCK
comments : 0
Snowshoe running is a perfect form of winter cross training for athletes in colder climates. Here's what you need to know to get started.

date : November 6, 2008
Find out how the Flexible Warrior yoga poses can help triathletes through warmup, cross-training and recovery sequences. This segment is a series of active, range of motion poses used for warming up.
date : September 24, 2008
author : Amy Kuitse
I am running Boston in April and Ironman Lake Placid is in July. I have been told that it is ambitious to think about doing an IM so close to a marathon due to the recovery time. Any suggestions?

date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?
date : March 6, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 9
Because for everyone out there, crossing the finish line is more about life than the race itself.

date : January 7, 2007
author : Writebrained
Both the Lake Triathlon Shoe CX210TRI and the Lake Road Shoe CX225 offer distinct advantages. I tested both shoes and found them to be extremely comfortable, good looking and durable.
date : April 9, 2005
author : AMSSM
Supplementing with glucosamine and chondroitin for joint health improvement for a member with a diagnosed chondromalacia patellar problem.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
At first triathlon training may seem scary and that is why I will try to summarize a few tips for whoever wants to try and get their feet wet with triathlon. I can assure you that you will be hooked.