Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Swim
  • 00m
  • 3800 meters
  • / 100 meters
Comments:

the water was very clear and shallow enough that you could see the bottom growth the whole way, which made the swim fun. the temp was perfect and sighting was pretty easy.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Bike
  • 00m
  • 180 kms
  • 0.00 km/hr
Comments:

this is definately not flat and fast. there were quite a few hills, a bit technical and oh that wind blowing off the sea. the roads were in pretty bad shape so I find I was very spoiled by the amazing roads in the Netherlands.

volunteers did a great job of having little signs up so you knew exactly where to find what at the station i.e. the water, versus energy drink so you didn't inadvertently find yourself handed something you didn't want.
an odd thing on the bike which was also on the run the race really really emphasized no nudity on the course no urinating in public yet at the aid stations, there were urinals set up for the men so they didn't actually go inside a porta pot, they stood out in full view of everyone using the urinals.
also, no litering, but the woman in front of me on the bike for about 30 miles threw all kinds of things off the bike at randomn spots - including her water bottle when it was empty, several times in front of the ever present race marshalls.
What would you do differently?:

not count on nutrtion being on a course that is listed as provided.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

no public nudity really emphasized, but again the open sided tents for full exposure of anyone changing. this cracked me up. why really, really emphasize no nudity but then not give people a choice?

i took my shoes off becore getting to transition but one fell off the bike as I jumped off the bike. i picked up the offending shoe intending to throw that one inthe transition bag. the volunteer took the shoe and put it back on the bike. that was very nice of him.
Run
  • 00m
  • 42.2 kms
  •  min/km
Post race
Warm down:

The lesson I learned during this race, is do not count on the nutrition being on the course that is listed in the athlete guide. I took a chance and counted on bike nutrition that wasn't there. This was foolish on my part, but I assumed because Netherlands had it so too would this race as advertised.

Event comments:

for people deciding on a European Ironman, I highly recommend the race in Netherlands over Copenhagen. I had read all kinds of things saying to Copenhagen crowd was amazing. Netherlands put Copenhagen to shame. The crowd completely disbursed by 7 PM and there were very few on the bike course compared to the cheering at Netherlands. Netherlands crowd even showed up enmasse for the swim. Us old people had not yet started when the first swim wave was finishing and started a full hour behind the first group. By the time we got to the run, all the sponges were gone, by the second loop several aid stations had run out of cups for water, by the third loop one aid station was packing up. The legendary Copenhagen crowds are a myth in comparison to Lake Placid and the Netherlands. they have no more spectators than the normal race.

Last updated: 2015-08-24 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:00:00 | 3800 meters | / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:00:00 | 180 kms | 0.00 km/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:00:00 | 42.2 kms |  min/km
Performance:
Course: i prefered the three laps setup of other races rather than the four. more hills than what my legs would have liked but an a-ok run course.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2015-08-24 1:03 AM

Subject: Ironman Copenhagen
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Ironman Copenhagen Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

ironman Copenhagen

Started by Gla56
Views: 897 Posts: 1

2013-10-26 12:51 AM Gla56

Copenhagen 4:18:4 TRI

Started by KimTri
Views: 740 Posts: 1

2010-09-12 8:11 AM KimTri

Disney 1/2 ironman

Started by atcbillf
Views: 1204 Posts: 1

2004-03-15 12:00 AM atcbillf

Ironman Canada

Started by ithicks
Views: 985 Posts: 1

2004-02-10 12:00 AM ithicks

St. Croix half Ironman

Started by Tate
Views: 1411 Posts: 1

2004-01-19 12:00 AM Tate
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 23, 2012
author : ytriguy
comments : 0
Often it makes sense to race slower in order to finish faster and at the same time have a more enjoyable Ironman Triathlon experience.

date : April 27, 2012
author : ytriguy
Some of the major mistakes I made over a 28-year career that I would do differently if I had it all to do over again.
date : April 18, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
An unexpected upside of completing a full distance triathlon

date : March 28, 2012
author : EnduRight
Iron distance racing depends on the three pillars of pacing, nutrition and mental outlook. Training these three areas can significantly improve your race.
date : June 27, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 8
A middle-of-the-pack triathlete takes on the iron distance for the first time at Rev3's inaugural full distance race

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : November 17, 2008
author : mrakes1
During the race there will be plenty of opportunities to exchange bottles, so I'm thinking about going with the aero bottle and Gatorade bottle and fill up as necessary. What should I do?

date : July 30, 2006
author : IRONVIKING
If a heart patient can do these things, then so can those of you who haven't been split open like a fish and sewn back together.