Sunny
Total Time = 25m 56s
Overall Rank = 4/
Age Group = F 35-39
Age Group Rank = 1/
Pre-race routine:

Did some running with Brad prior to the start to warm up
Event warmup:

Very low key start. Wasn't chip timing and people were just kind of milling around the parking lot when they yelled "start"
Run
  • 25m 56s
  • 5 kms
  • 05m 11s  min/km
Comments:

I started out fast and running a pace I felt I could hold. I got warm pretty quickly. Since it was the Ugly Sweater 5k, I had on run tights a fun santa skirt, a LS tech shirt, a short sleeved cotton Christmas shirt, an "ugly sweater" sweatshirt and an ugly knit Christmas hat. I put the hat on a post about a mile into the run (snagged it on the way back). There was only 1-2 hills on the course which wouldn't have normally been bad, but I was running hard and felt like I could hurl at any moment. I saw Brad winning the race and then saw Zephyr who was in 3rd. I hit the turn around and timed it to see how far away the next female was. I couldn't believe I was 1st female! I suck at math and didn't double the time until I saw the next woman. So I was running scared the entire way back. On straightaways, I would look over my shoulder to see if I could see another woman. I was so excited I was first, but told myself to push, hang on and not blow it now. I hit the final stretch and felt I had the 1st female in the bag, but I didn't let off the gas. I hit the finish arch and collapsed on the ground. After getting my shit together, Brad, Zephyr and I walked back on the course to find Sissy, Barb, Emmet and Mitch who were walking the 5k. A really fun morning with the family!
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. This was a great race for me....especially considering I haven't done any speed work and have lots of miles on my legs doing the Thanksgiving to New Years run streak.
Post race
Warm down:

walked back to find the family

Event comments:

This was a great little local race. They gave out fun medals, the race cost only $20, they had super post race goodies (cookies, fruit, hot chocolate) and they had raffle items. I'd definitely do this race again if we were in town when it happened.

Last updated: 2015-12-22 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:56 | 05 kms | 05m 11s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Out and back along some streets/trails in Greensboro.
Keeping cool Average Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2015-12-29 1:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Reston
Subject: Ugly Sweater 5k
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Ugly Sweater 5k Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Ugly Christmas Sweater

Started by cornick
Views: 1139 Posts: 2

2012-12-08 10:01 PM blueyedbikergirl

Ugly Mudder

Started by mk29
Views: 788 Posts: 1

2009-08-07 8:38 PM mk29

Medved Ten Ugly Men 5K

Started by jameys
Views: 744 Posts: 1

2009-07-28 8:52 AM jameys

Ugly Mudder Trail Run

Started by widgeon
Views: 1052 Posts: 3

2007-03-01 6:45 PM southwestmba

Ugly Mudder Trail Race

Started by southwestmba
Views: 710 Posts: 3

2007-03-01 6:39 PM southwestmba
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 25, 2014
author : NickSuffredin
comments : 1
What should you do if you train in hot weather and you sweat a lot? Do you drink more water, more sports drink...what about electrolyte supplements? Use this guide to enhance your training.

date : August 13, 2014
author : Enduropacks.com
comments : 4
I drink during my runs but I am a profuse sweater and it seems like I just can't keep up with my fluid needs. Would it be helpful to switch to an electrolyte drink for my fluid needs?
date : May 17, 2010
author : mjfewell
comments : 3
In November of 2000, I noticed that I was losing the feeling in my toes. The sensation traveled up my body and within a week, I was nearly 80% paralyzed.

date : September 25, 2007
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Are you a heavy sweater? Do you finish a race covered in white-streaks? Do you cramp during a race? Than this article is for you.
date : October 30, 2005
author : acbadger
comments : 0
First, with your upcoming 5K, I strongly advise you to check out the “Couch to 5K” training schedule. This training schedule is a GREAT way to get back into running safely and wisely.

date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
Overview of two walk/run routines for training for a 5K.
comments : 12
This aggressive couch to 5k program will get you running from nothing and will be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.

comments : 2
This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.