2016-08-10 7:23 PM
in reply to: tuwood

Master
, California
Subject: RE: Election 2016

Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by dmiller5

So with the email investigation the FBI declined to request charges be brought against Hillary.

However, it appears earlier this year the FBI requested that the DOJ open an investigation against the Clinton foundation and they declined to do so.  hmm
The FBI went to Justice Department earlier this year asking for it to open a case into the foundation, but the public integrity unit declined. The Justice Department had looked into whether it should open a case on the foundation a year prior and found it didn't have sufficient evidence to do so

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/09/politics/hillary-clinton-emails-judicial-watch/index.html

I bet I know what the lead story on every news outlet would be tonight if it was recently discovered that the FBI recommended an investigation of Trump to the DOJ earlier this year. 

...because they didn't have sufficient evidence? I don't get what you're mad about.

I'm not mad at all.  So the FBI had all the evidence in the world against Hillary lying about the emails and exposing secrets, but didn't recommend anything to the FBI.  Yet, when they actually do make a recommendation (secretly I might add) earlier in the year you fully believe the DOJ that they had "insufficient evidence".

BTW, next to wasteful spending this is actually my number one issue with Washington.  The foxes are policing the foxes.  No matter who is in power there is absolutely zero chance anyone of significance will be held accountable when laws are broken.  The head of the DOJ is appointed by Obama and reports to him.  Do you think she's ever going to bring charges against him or anyone he adamantly supports without buy in?  This is a problem no matter who is in power because Bush had several issues that he crossed the line on as well and nothing ever happened.  It's absolutely BS!!

Even if the DoJ were appointed by the opposing party, would it matter?  Obama can just pardon someone

2016-08-10 7:28 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by spudone

So with the email investigation the FBI declined to request charges be brought against Hillary.

However, it appears earlier this year the FBI requested that the DOJ open an investigation against the Clinton foundation and they declined to do so.  hmm
The FBI went to Justice Department earlier this year asking for it to open a case into the foundation, but the public integrity unit declined. The Justice Department had looked into whether it should open a case on the foundation a year prior and found it didn't have sufficient evidence to do so

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/09/politics/hillary-clinton-emails-judicial-watch/index.html

I bet I know what the lead story on every news outlet would be tonight if it was recently discovered that the FBI recommended an investigation of Trump to the DOJ earlier this year. 

...because they didn't have sufficient evidence? I don't get what you're mad about.

I'm not mad at all.  So the FBI had all the evidence in the world against Hillary lying about the emails and exposing secrets, but didn't recommend anything to the FBI.  Yet, when they actually do make a recommendation (secretly I might add) earlier in the year you fully believe the DOJ that they had "insufficient evidence".

BTW, next to wasteful spending this is actually my number one issue with Washington.  The foxes are policing the foxes.  No matter who is in power there is absolutely zero chance anyone of significance will be held accountable when laws are broken.  The head of the DOJ is appointed by Obama and reports to him.  Do you think she's ever going to bring charges against him or anyone he adamantly supports without buy in?  This is a problem no matter who is in power because Bush had several issues that he crossed the line on as well and nothing ever happened.  It's absolutely BS!!

Even if the DoJ were appointed by the opposing party, would it matter?  Obama can just pardon someone

I've genuinely tried to think of a solution.  I don't like the opposite party either because it would just be witch hunt after witch hunt.
The best I've come up with so far is some sort of "grand jury" of AG's from the 50 states to make a determination of moving forward with proceedings.  It's still has issues though because there's the whole logistics issue and I think there are a lot more republican governors than democrats.

2016-08-10 7:31 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Trump needs to start wearing something besides suits.  The "who wore it better" contest is heavily lopsided towards Hillary. 

2016-08-11 3:13 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
General Election: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. SteinReuters/IpsosClinton 40, Trump 35, Johnson 7, Stein 3Clinton +5
General Election: Trump vs. ClintonReuters/IpsosClinton 42, Trump 36Clinton +6

So this is what I was talking about the other day.  These two polls taken by the same company on the same days shows Clinton's margin over Trump being smaller when you add in the 3rd party candidates....indicating it benefits Trump more than Clinton if Johnson and Stein run.

Dang, I'm breaking my own rule about ignoring the margins of error.  :-)

2016-08-11 3:16 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

From what I've seen Johnson tends to draw equally from both of them (give or take a point) and Stein seems to draw quote a bit more from Hillary which makes sense.

Overall the pair of them are slightly (and a very small slightly) advantageous to Trump at this point. 

2016-08-11 4:04 PM

Master
, California

Stein takes some seriously weird positions that turn people away.  Like being a physician and then sort of halfway pandering to the anti-vax crowd.  That just strikes people as disingenuous.  She'd probably pull a lot more of the Bernie supporters if she straightened out her campaign.

2016-08-11 4:18 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

I can only speak for myself, but gun to my head I have to vote for either Trump or Clinton, I would vote Clinton. So I guess in a way, my Johnson vote is stealing away from Hillary even though I would never vote for her. 

The way I look at it, that poll is a sign that when you remove a third choice, more people view Hillary as the lesser of two evils. Unfortunately for Trump supporters, no matter how good theyr'e polling now, come election day Johnson and Stein combined won't even come close to getting 5% of the vote. Shoot, they'll be lucky if they can get a combined 2%.  People will be too afraid to "throw their vote away" in the most important election of our lifetime (funny how every election is the most important election of our lifetime). 

2016-08-12 10:50 AM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Looks like the "Trump is over" trend is fading and Hillary's bounce continues to fade.  LA Times has Clinton +1 today and Rasmussen had her +3 yesterday which are both in the margin of error.

Two things I find very telling is that Clinton has spent upwards of $50M on advertising and has been blanketing the airwaves with anti-Trump adds for weeks.  Trump has spent..... $0 on ads.  (wtf)
Secondly, in the Rasmussen poll Trump is polling over 20% with African Americans.  Obviously it's just a poll, but in comparison Romney got 6% of the black vote and Bush got 11% in 2004 and 9% in 2000.

Overall, this is a very bad sign for Clinton IMHO, especially with all the Trump "gaffs" and blatant media hatred of him playing out. 

With the American people the economy continues to be the #1 issue and Trump beats Hillary hands down.  Terrorism is the #2 issue and Trump beats her hands down.  She can't possibly win on the issues and can only hope that Trump takes himself out.  That's not a very good position to be in. 

2016-08-12 11:04 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Looks like the "Trump is over" trend is fading and Hillary's bounce continues to fade.  LA Times has Clinton +1 today and Rasmussen had her +3 yesterday which are both in the margin of error.

Two things I find very telling is that Clinton has spent upwards of $50M on advertising and has been blanketing the airwaves with anti-Trump adds for weeks.  Trump has spent..... $0 on ads.  (wtf)
Secondly, in the Rasmussen poll Trump is polling over 20% with African Americans.  Obviously it's just a poll, but in comparison Romney got 6% of the black vote and Bush got 11% in 2004 and 9% in 2000.

Overall, this is a very bad sign for Clinton IMHO, especially with all the Trump "gaffs" and blatant media hatred of him playing out. 

With the American people the economy continues to be the #1 issue and Trump beats Hillary hands down.  Terrorism is the #2 issue and Trump beats her hands down.  She can't possibly win on the issues and can only hope that Trump takes himself out.  That's not a very good position to be in. 

how the eff does trump beat Hillary in "terrorism"

or the economy for that matter.

2016-08-12 11:38 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

To greatly over simplify it, her plan on both is to continue down the Bush/Obama path we've been on for 16 years and we see how well that's been working. 
Even if you disagree with Trumps economic plan, her contrasting plan was to raise taxes, create a "jobs program" and "build more roads and bridges"   (I think Obama's been saying/doing those for the last 8 years already). 

They are polling closer on terrorism overall, so I probably shouldn't have said "hands down" on that, but he's either equal or better than her in the recent polls I've seen.  With the way Trump has been portrayed in the media and all the negative ads, it is pretty telling as to how horrible Clinton is on those issues.   

2016-08-12 11:56 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

To greatly over simplify it, her plan on both is to continue down the Bush/Obama path we've been on for 16 years and we see how well that's been working. 
Even if you disagree with Trumps economic plan, her contrasting plan was to raise taxes, create a "jobs program" and "build more roads and bridges"   (I think Obama's been saying/doing those for the last 8 years already). 

They are polling closer on terrorism overall, so I probably shouldn't have said "hands down" on that, but he's either equal or better than her in the recent polls I've seen.  With the way Trump has been portrayed in the media and all the negative ads, it is pretty telling as to how horrible Clinton is on those issues.   

Bush Obama doctrine?  Bush cuts taxes, Hillary wants to raise them.  And we have been recovering over the past however many years since bush screwed it up.  Trump says now is the time to borrow as much money as possible, because he thinks we can just default on our debts.

Trump said people with guns should assassinate Hillary, that's terrorism.  So I guess he is better at it.

2016-08-12 12:57 PM

User image

Pro

Bush Obama doctrine?  Bush cuts taxes, Hillary wants to raise them.  And we have been recovering over the past however many years since bush screwed it up.  Trump says now is the time to borrow as much money as possible, because he thinks we can just default on our debts.

Trump said people with guns should assassinate Hillary, that's terrorism.  So I guess he is better at it.

LOL....dude, c'mon.....I think Trump is a dumbarse for some of the things he says.....but he didn't say that. LMAO

2016-08-12 1:53 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

he dis not say that.  Nor did he imply that.  You inferred that.  Well, maybe not you but you bought into the BS the media is spoon feeding you to help Hillary.  

Saw an LA Times poll showing Clinton up by only 1 point.  How can that be!?  LOL

2016-08-12 2:42 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Left Brain

LOL....dude, c'mon.....I think Trump is a dumbarse for some of the things he says.....but he didn't say that. LMAO

Yeah, he was obviously telling people to assassinate her court picks not her. 

2016-08-12 5:58 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Perhaps I spoke too soon about the DOJ.  I'm sure they have a team of 50 people doing the investigation and a team of 100 trying to figure out how they can "not find anything" and make it look like they're not covering anything up.
Report claims DOJ probe of Clinton Foundation, emails ongoing

2016-08-12 6:21 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

The more I look at polls the more I'm convinced they are out in the weeds and we really have no idea what's going on.

I mentioned earlier the Rasmussen poll yesterday with Trump getting 20% of the black vote and then I see another recent North Carolina poll on the 5th with the black vote at 32% for Trump in that state which is backed up somewhat by the Democratic primary seeing a 40% reduction in black voters this year.

Then we have an ABC/WaPo poll on the 8th where Clinton is winning the Black voters nationally by 92% to 2% over Trump.  haha, if that's the case then she is doing far better than Obama did in 2008 or 2012 with African Americans...  Riiiiiiggggghhhtttt.....  

2016-08-12 10:08 PM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Bottom line currently: Trump is not ahead in the RCP average of ANY battleground state, and he has to win most of them to get to 270.

Good luck!
2016-08-12 10:53 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by ejshowersBottom line currently: Trump is not ahead in the RCP average of ANY battleground state, and he has to win most of them to get to 270. Good luck!
Normally I'd agree with you, but see above about the trustworthiness of the polls.
2016-08-14 9:58 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by ejshowersBottom line currently: Trump is not ahead in the RCP average of ANY battleground state, and he has to win most of them to get to 270. Good luck!
Normally I'd agree with you, but see above about the trustworthiness of the polls.

Hmmm, just thinking out loud...what would happen if the GOP made the switch to Ryan with about a month left?
If the polls don't change, could the GOP swoop in and go for the late switch??
Would Ryan even want to?
2016-08-14 10:13 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
Hmmm, just thinking out loud...what would happen if the GOP made the switch to Ryan with about a month left?If the polls don't change, could the GOP swoop in and go for the late switch??Would Ryan even want to?
My personal opinion is that it would be a bigger disaster than the alleged polls we have now.The anti trump folks are a small minority in the party and to circumvent the will of the people would be the biggest political mistake in American history. He'd be lucky to get 10% of the vote. I'd certainly never vote for him.The democrats had a perception of subverting the will of the people with Bernie superdelegates and it wasn't pretty. A blatant subversion like that would be far worse. * sorry for formatting, typed on my phone.

Edited by tuwood 2016-08-14 10:14 PM
2016-08-15 11:43 AM
in reply to: 0

Master
, California

Hmmm, just thinking out loud...what would happen if the GOP made the switch to Ryan with about a month left?If the polls don't change, could the GOP swoop in and go for the late switch??Would Ryan even want to?
My personal opinion is that it would be a bigger disaster than the alleged polls we have now.The anti trump folks are a small minority in the party and to circumvent the will of the people would be the biggest political mistake in American history. He'd be lucky to get 10% of the vote. I'd certainly never vote for him.The democrats had a perception of subverting the will of the people with Bernie superdelegates and it wasn't pretty. A blatant subversion like that would be far worse. * sorry for formatting, typed on my phone.

I agree and also I don't think the Republican leadership would be able to choose a candidate that covers and improves on Trump's base.

A big problem is that the core Republican mantra of supporting big business conflicts with their blue collar supporters in states where the factory jobs have been going away.  They keep supporting  free trade policies and anti-union behavior.  Trump's been attacking that stuff consistently and the voters agree with him.

If they want to successfully replace Trump, they'd need to support a candidate who is a Washington outsider, supports protectionist policies, and ALSO comes from a blue-collar and evangelical background.  I honestly can't think of someone who fits that bill.  And I doubt the Republican party would support such a person because it would go against half their platform.

Edit: and frankly, Ryan isn't that guy.

Edited by spudone 2016-08-15 11:44 AM

2016-08-15 4:09 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

I agree and also I don't think the Republican leadership would be able to choose a candidate that covers and improves on Trump's base.

A big problem is that the core Republican mantra of supporting big business conflicts with their blue collar supporters in states where the factory jobs have been going away.  They keep supporting  free trade policies and anti-union behavior.  Trump's been attacking that stuff consistently and the voters agree with him.

If they want to successfully replace Trump, they'd need to support a candidate who is a Washington outsider, supports protectionist policies, and ALSO comes from a blue-collar and evangelical background.  I honestly can't think of someone who fits that bill.  And I doubt the Republican party would support such a person because it would go against half their platform.

Exactly. It's the deal with the devil the R party made with the tea baggers back in like 2010. But this time, the tea baggers got a candidate that actually spoke their language and wanted (some) policies that they liked, but who doesn't at all fit with the establishment (and monied) wing of the party. Catch-22 anyone?

2016-08-15 4:42 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers

Exactly. It's the deal with the devil the R party made with the tea baggers back in like 2010. But this time, the tea baggers got a candidate that actually spoke their language and wanted (some) policies that they liked, but who doesn't at all fit with the establishment (and monied) wing of the party. Catch-22 anyone?

I follow both conservative and liberal blogs fairly close and it amazes me how much both the "Bernie wing" of the Democrats and the "Tea Party wing" of the Republican party have in common.  They're both tired of the corruption and rewarding of big donors.  Sure, there are huge divides on social issues, but those are secondary to corruption.  I often call the Democrats and the Republicans the Uni-Party because they're really both the same party no matter who wins.  They'll take the biggest bribe and send billions of our tax dollars to whoever pays them the most money.  The only difference between the two is what they're lying to us about spending it on.

2016-08-16 12:36 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Hey, if Hillary wins, you think she will bring back all the Presidential china she stole? 

2016-08-16 10:02 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

lol @ Biden.

"There's a guy that follows me right back here, has the nuclear codes. So God forbid anything happened, the president and I had to make a decision -- the codes are with me all -- he (Trump) is not qualified to know the codes. He can't be trusted." - Joe B

I think he just showed that he can't be trusted either.  ;-

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Election 2016 Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: Election 2016

Started by ChineseDemocracy
Views: 1197 Posts: 6

2016-03-13 7:08 PM HaydenHunter

2016 - WTF Pages: 1 2

Started by Renee
Views: 2714 Posts: 30

2016-02-23 8:09 PM Left Brain

Got my 2016 insurance rates today

Started by Dutchcrush
Views: 1289 Posts: 15

2015-12-19 9:17 AM mdg2003

Election 2014 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by tuwood
Views: 6191 Posts: 73

2015-01-21 9:41 AM Jackemy1

I figured out who I'm supporting for the 2016 election

Started by tuwood
Views: 1614 Posts: 5

2013-10-20 8:33 AM strykergt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 31, 2004
author : infosteward
comments : 0
Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.