General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Coors Light Trail of Tears Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-09-05 11:26 AM

User image

Subject: Coors Light Trail of Tears Triathlon
I went this past weekend and swam, and rode the course. Here is the info on the bike. Right out of the transistion there is a pretty good hill, not too long. Then while you are still in the "park" there is one more that is a little longer and steeper. Then you get to a pretty good rolling hill ride. Until you get past the plant and you turn back towards the park. You come to this LONG gradual hill that throws a STEEP incline in the middle! It was describe to me by my local bike shop as a "Monster" so once you pass that one you have the hill back into the park which is comparable to the second one. Hope this helps!

The swim was fine, this was my first open water swim, of course there were only 3 of us, but i was fine! I will probably end up hanging back towards the back to stay clear of everyone.

Hope to see some of you this weekend!

2006-09-05 4:35 PM
in reply to: #531033

User image

Expert
Phoenix, AZ
Subject: RE: Coors Light Trail of Tears Triathlon
I am looking forward to it. Hills on the bike are not my strong point though, so this could be interesting! How would you compare the hills on this course to those at Alligators Creek? I won't get a chance to ride the course before the event.
2006-09-06 9:27 PM
in reply to: #531467

User image

Subject: RE: Coors Light Trail of Tears Triathlon
Do you remember the hardest hill in Alligator Creek, the one kinda in the beginning to middle, well I would say the second hill of Coors light could compare to that one, the really hard/steep one, there isn't anything to compare to. Most of the other parts are very similar to alligator creek though. The worst part about the first hill, is it is RIGHT out of the transistion, you have no running or rolling start. then you get a little into the groove when you get to the next one. I am horrible at hills, and I did the course in 1:20ish. If it helps I did the bike portion of Alligator Creek in 1:20 or so. This is 3 miles shorter but obviously harder.

The water felt great, of course now we kinda had a cold front so I am guessing the water will be a little chilly hopefully not!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Coors Light Trail of Tears Triathlon Rss Feed