Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » are free plans not free?? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-11-04 7:18 AM

User image

Queen Creek, Arizona
Subject: are free plans not free??
tried loading the free program and this

Please upgrade to BRONZE to send this plan to 'My Training Plans.' This will allow you to:

no more free??

2016-11-04 10:56 AM
in reply to: randy mounts

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Subject: RE: are free plans not free??

You can use the training plans for free, but you must be bronze member to use the future training plan feature (so you could print out the plan and use it, for instance).

2016-11-04 11:00 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Thanks Mike -

That's right. You can print the plan and follow it, but if you want to track your progress on our Training Log here, you'll have to either upgrade, or use the training log at the free level without the features that allow you to compare your training to the training plan.

If it helps, I was a free member here FOREVER, hand typing in my workouts and not having the online training plan features. It's still a great community and the free stuff is great.

But it also saves me a ton of time to upload the workouts from my device and be able to see how I'm doing vs my planned training schedule. (Don't look now .. I don't have a plan active at this time. Just finished my last race in September and I don't have a new plan yet.)

Of course the founder of this site had to invest a lot in the technology to make all of the stuff work, and that's why the community of paid members is needed to support the site.

2016-11-05 9:40 AM
in reply to: #5203985

User image

Queen Creek, Arizona
So the free plans are not free, than . Ok .
2016-11-05 9:50 AM
in reply to: #5204085

User image

Queen Creek, Arizona
I have had a membership for years for everything rom oly to full, they were ok. But i wanted a free one , but free with membership . Im off to training peaks, if im paying im going to test drive tp

But thanks for the input, and it should be changed it is not free,,, or free for members,,,
2016-11-05 8:29 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion

It depends on what you are looking for and how you want to use it.  We have dozens of free sprint and oly plans.  We have a few detailed HIM and IM plans.  You just print them and use them.  That is how the free plans work.  Thousands of people have used them successfully.  You can even create custom gold sprint and oly plans, print them and start training for free.

I just verified this functionality...they are still free.  

But if you want to import them into your planned training log, etc, then a bronze membership is required as that is the part that costs the site a lot of money - to run the training logs.

Silver membership gives you access to more detailed plans at the maintenance level to HIM and IM levels.  Gold gives you access to all custom plans from sprint to IM with full details - and you don't necessarily need the training log here to use them.

I think the functionality you are looking for is how you interact with it with your training log (planned training, email workouts, graphs, etc) as you can still print the 'free' plans out and use them as-is. 

2017-09-14 4:03 PM
in reply to: Ron

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Connecticut
wondering about going bronze and uploading a plan to my log. What does that mean? The plan will show up in a calendar, one separate from where I log my workouts after they are done, or is it somehow integrated?
2017-09-14 7:02 PM
in reply to: MuscleMomma

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Yes, they are integrated.
Scroll down to the table on this page to see the comparisons and features: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Membership/Comparison

You will see your Training Log as you do now (except you can upload from your device rather than typing it in).
On a different screen you'll see your Training Plan.
On the Progress screen you'll see if you are on track with your plan, or how many minutes ahead/behind your plan your actual training is.
If you do your exact training session, you can click "copy to actual" and with one click your workout will appear in your training log.

Does that help?
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » are free plans not free?? Rss Feed