Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Franken Gone
Originally posted by Oysterboy

Originally posted by Rogillio

Originally posted by mdg2003

Al Franken just announced he will be stepping down in the near future. Once he had like 7 or 8 accusers he had to go. Dems taking the high road here - be ready for e beefed up war on women campaign with Trump and Moore as battering rams. Gonna be fun...

I think you're 100% on point here. The Ds can take the perceived high road now that they've done some light housekeeping. I see them tying Trump and Moore into a neat little package and detonating a nuke under it. They even allowed Franken to fire the first salvo in his resignation speech. CNN of course dutifully picks up and reports the party narrative.

As predicted.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/07/democrats-forced-franken-...

BTW, since the civil war the democrats have ruled the roost in the deep south. They blamed the republican for freeing the slaves and they hated republicans! In many local elections there were only democrats on the ballot because no republican had a chance. They used to refer to southern democrats as "yellow dawg democrats" because, the theory went, you could put a yellow dawg on the ballot and democrats would vote for him! Well times have changed and I guess the people who remember the civil war are all dead and the children and grandchildren of those who hated republican are mostly gone too. Now Alabama is a red state with the exception of the populations centers like BHM, Montgomery and Mobile. The entire rest of the state is red.

Dude, You need to read up on the Southern Strategy. Google Lee Atwater. It's pretty simple actually.

Yeah, that is pretty much old school thought.....but I am quite certain the MSM and much of America still believes it. Fact is, much of America looks down their snoots at Alabama - 'cept when it come to football. They think we are a bunch of toothless hicks and clansmen. Fact is, we put men on the moon as NASA designed, built and test the Saturn rockets. We also designed, built and tested the International Space Station and we are responsible for the nation's missile defense programs. In my neck of the woods 20% or 1 in 5 of us are engineers....black, white, yellow....makes no difference here. We are professional and have one of the highest phd per capita rates in the country. Huntsville's Research Park is knows a the 'silicon valley of the south'. The economy is very strong here as we picked up thousand of and thousand of job from BRAC.

Anyway, I don't mind the stereotypes the MSM puts on us, it keeps people out. I think we (northern Alabama at least) are one of the best kept secrets in America!

2017-12-08 12:06 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Al Franken just announced he will be stepping down in the near future. Once he had like 7 or 8 accusers he had to go. Dems taking the high road here - be ready for e beefed up war on women campaign with Trump and Moore as battering rams. Gonna be fun...

I think you're 100% on point here. The Ds can take the perceived high road now that they've done some light housekeeping. I see them tying Trump and Moore into a neat little package and detonating a nuke under it. They even allowed Franken to fire the first salvo in his resignation speech. CNN of course dutifully picks up and reports the party narrative.

PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology from the University of Alabama at Birmingham awarded in 1991. Yep, I've been to Alabama.

As predicted.

BTW, since the civil war the democrats have ruled the roost in the deep south. They blamed the republican for freeing the slaves and they hated republicans! In many local elections there were only democrats on the ballot because no republican had a chance. They used to refer to southern democrats as "yellow dawg democrats" because, the theory went, you could put a yellow dawg on the ballot and democrats would vote for him! Well times have changed and I guess the people who remember the civil war are all dead and the children and grandchildren of those who hated republican are mostly gone too. Now Alabama is a red state with the exception of the populations centers like BHM, Montgomery and Mobile. The entire rest of the state is red.

Dude, You need to read up on the Southern Strategy. Google Lee Atwater. It's pretty simple actually.

Yeah, that is pretty much old school thought.....but I am quite certain the MSM and much of America still believes it. Fact is, much of America looks down their snoots at Alabama - 'cept when it come to football. They think we are a bunch of toothless hicks and clansmen. Fact is, we put men on the moon as NASA designed, built and test the Saturn rockets. We also designed, built and tested the International Space Station and we are responsible for the nation's missile defense programs. In my neck of the woods 20% or 1 in 5 of us are engineers....black, white, yellow....makes no difference here. We are professional and have one of the highest phd per capita rates in the country. Huntsville's Research Park is knows a the 'silicon valley of the south'. The economy is very strong here as we picked up thousand of and thousand of job from BRAC.

Anyway, I don't mind the stereotypes the MSM puts on us, it keeps people out. I think we (northern Alabama at least) are one of the best kept secrets in America!

PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology from the University of Alabama at Birmingham, awarded 1991. Yep, I've been to Alabama.

Edited by Oysterboy 2017-12-08 12:08 PM
2017-12-08 12:22 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology from the University of Alabama at Birmingham awarded in 1991. Yep, I've been to Alabama.

As predicted.

PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology from the University of Alabama at Birmingham, awarded 1991. Yep, I've been to Alabama.

Roll Tide!!

BTW, UAB Medical Center is one of the best hospitals in the country:

"UAB Hospital continues to rank No. 1 in both Alabama and the Birmingham metro area, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2016-2017 “Best Hospitals” list. Nine of UAB’s specialties rank among the nation’s top 50 programs of their kind in the nation."

Edited by Rogillio 2017-12-08 12:25 PM
2017-12-08 1:11 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Expert
Floriduh

As predicted.

Roll Tide!!

BTW, UAB Medical Center is one of the best hospitals in the country:

"UAB Hospital continues to rank No. 1 in both Alabama and the Birmingham metro area, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2016-2017 “Best Hospitals” list. Nine of UAB’s specialties rank among the nation’s top 50 programs of their kind in the nation."

UAB has been in or near the top 20 for research for several decades. Their cardiothoracic program is amongst the nations best, the cancer center there one of the oldest. But don't kid yourself Rog, there's miles between them and the top. One of the biggest problems UAB has is that it is in Birmingham. They need to recruit MDs and PhDs from the Northeast and West coast to be competitive, but once those people get a chance they go back from where they came. Not a single person in the Dept I trained in at UAB now.
2017-12-08 2:06 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Rog, and then Moore goes and says this kinda cr@p, you wonder why the coasts don't take you guys seriously...

"I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery — they cared for one another."
2017-12-08 2:30 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Oysterboy Rog, and then Moore goes and says this kinda cr@p, you wonder why the coasts don't take you guys seriously... "I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery — they cared for one another."

Lets be honest, the costs will never take anyone in flyover country seriously. 

2017-12-08 2:32 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Floriduh
That's a bit cynical Tony, but with how deeply divided this country is now I fear you are right.My sincere hope is that we find a leader who can, at least somewhat, unite us.
2017-12-08 2:41 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Oysterboy That's a bit cynical Tony, but with how deeply divided this country is now I fear you are right.My sincere hope is that we find a leader who can, at least somewhat, unite us.

I'm obviously generalizing, but there is a pretty enormous divide between large urban areas and middle America and it seems to be growing.

There are indeed a lot of common values that we all hold dearly, so I also hope that we can unite upon them.

2017-12-08 4:49 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Rog, and then Moore goes and says this kinda cr@p, you wonder why the coasts don't take you guys seriously...

"I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery — they cared for one another."

Totally out of context. He was ansled about a good time in America and about when families we’re strong.

When was a good pollution free time in the US? Well that would be before the industrial revolution.,,say the 1860s....they had slaves then but not much pollution. **gasp**
2017-12-08 5:42 PM
in reply to: #5232198

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Huh?
2017-12-08 6:40 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Oysterboy Huh?

I think he's trying to say that the media and his opponents are desperately trying to take something he said that was innocent and make it into something it is not.

He was asked when was a time in America we were last great and he said in the 1860's or whenever it was because “I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery — they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction.”

He was obviously talking about a time when the family unit was strong, which is a source of many ills in our culture today.  He added that even though we had slavery which he was obviously stating in an disapproving way.

The media, as they always do are trying to spin it into him saying america was great then because we had slavery, which in no way reflects what he actually said.

2017-12-08 7:09 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
So the 1860's was the last time America was great, last time we had family unity? There are a whole bunch of black folk in his home state that would take umbrage at that statement as their children were sold to the highest bidder. Don't get me wrong, Moore has said other things that are waaay more out there than this dumb statement.
2017-12-08 9:07 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Oysterboy So the 1860's was the last time America was great, last time we had family unity? There are a whole bunch of black folk in his home state that would take umbrage at that statement as their children were sold to the highest bidder. Don't get me wrong, Moore has said other things that are waaay more out there than this dumb statement.

I'll agree that it wasn't the smartest thing to say, but he wasn't saying it was great to have slaves.  He was trying to make a point about "the olden days" when families meant something.

2018-01-02 9:34 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
2018-01-03 7:50 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Expert
Floriduh

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/02/michele-bachmann-says-sh... -

This could get interesting.

Yep, Bachmann is one helluva gaff machine, might be worth moving to Minnesota just to have a front row seat. Winter there isn't too bad is it?
2018-01-03 8:15 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Yep, Bachmann is one helluva gaff machine, might be worth moving to Minnesota just to have a front row seat. Winter there isn't too bad is it?

Heck, it's 20 here this AM and I hear you guys might be getting snow. Couldn't be much colder than that. No, wait...

Edited by mdg2003 2018-01-03 8:16 AM

(Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 8.14.57 AM.png)

Attachments
----------------
Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 8.14.57 AM.png (249KB - 1 downloads)

2018-01-03 10:39 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I'm not real familiar with the demographics up there, but I know when Al originally ran he barely won the seat by just a few hundred votes if I recall.
With the continued spiral to the fringe the DNC's been on I can definitely see Minnesota shifting more to the right.

I will say the best strategy is for the Republicans to run a woman there though. :-D

2018-01-04 11:27 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/03/coulter-al-frankens-touching-depa...

Wow, good to see him go. I never liked him....even when he was just a comedian.
2018-01-04 11:50 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Heck, it's 20 here this AM and I hear you guys might be getting snow. Couldn't be much colder than that. No, wait...

It snowed in Tallahassee yesterday, just unsure of accumulation. Any amount of snow in Florida would be a disaster. Old folks + bald tires + a high percentage of our citizenry with Sub 80 IQs = I stay home.

Edited by Oysterboy 2018-01-04 11:57 AM
2018-01-04 1:35 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by mdg2003 http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/02/michele-bachmann-says-sh... - This could get interesting.
It snowed in Tallahassee yesterday, just unsure of accumulation. Any amount of snow in Florida would be a disaster. Old folks + bald tires + a high percentage of our citizenry with Sub 80 IQs = I stay home.

lol, what part of FL do you live in?  I was just at Gulf Shores, AL this past weekend and ducked over to Pensacola for a bit.

2018-01-04 3:48 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Gainesville. We are about 30 mins south of where the freezing rain was but d@mn its cold now. Ahh Tony, you visited the Redneck Riviera, prettiest beaches in the continental USA. We got no off shore oil drilling in Fla, so we intend to keep them that way (ain't much oil out there anyways). You go to the Florabama when in Gulf Shores? D@mn fine place to tie one on. And you musta felt right at home, that part of USA is as RED as it gets, take home a Roy Moore sign? Bet there's a few to be had.

2018-01-04 3:55 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Oysterboy Gainesville. We are about 30 mins south of where the freezing rain was but d@mn its cold now. Ahh Tony, you visited the Redneck Riviera, prettiest beaches in the continental USA. We got no off shore oil drilling in Fla, so we intend to keep them that way (ain't much oil out there anyways). You go to the Florabama when in Gulf Shores? D@mn fine place to tie one on. And you musta felt right at home, that part of USA is as RED as it gets, take home a Roy Moore sign? Bet there's a few to be had.

haha, I did see quite a few Moore signs still laying around and yes we did go to Flora-Bama but not to tie one on.  We just poked around to check it out and my wife bought a sweat-shirt.  We did enjoy the beaches and had one nice 60° sunny day.

I live behind enemy lines a bit here in Omaha.  We're fairly evenly split with the red/blue.  I don't even think our country folk up here are as red as they are down in southern AL.  hah

2018-01-05 6:57 AM
in reply to: #5232198

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Well ya know what they say about Florida: “The farther north you go the less teeth they grow...”
Glad you got a warm day while you were here as it is 26 oF this am. Hopefully you dumped a bunch of money while here as you tourists help keep our taxes low.
2018-01-05 11:56 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Well ya know what they say about Florida: “The farther north you go the less teeth they grow...”
Glad you got a warm day while you were here as it is 26 oF this am. Hopefully you dumped a bunch of money while here as you tourists help keep our taxes low.

We had the similar joke about the folks in Porter Texas. "What do you have when all the girls of Porter HS get together for a party? A full set of teeth."
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Franken Gone Rss Feed  

of 2