General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Suit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-12-30 8:32 AM

, Indiana
Subject: Tri Suit
Thanks again for all the help. My next question is about tri suits. What would be a good suit to get? I’ve been looking at several but really have no idea what to get. Thanks again for the help you guys are awesome.

2017-12-30 9:29 AM
in reply to: BakerBryan

Subject: RE: Tri Suit
i cant compare or give you good info so take my comments with a grain of salt. i can only tell you what i did.
i was not sure how many events i would ever do in my lifetime and didnt want to spend much money. so, i bought a zimco tri suit off of ebay for like 30 bucks. it works fine and have had no issues with it. now i have a HIM in september and not sure if i need to upgrade or just wear it but will prob just wear it. other than not having the right brand name on it it works fine for me and i didnt spend alot of money to see if i was gonna keep competing.
one thing i will say for me is, i wish i had the 2 piece suit. goin to the bathroom in a 1 piece sucks.
2017-12-30 10:16 AM
in reply to: #5233546

, Indiana
Thanks so much. I didn’t think about he whole bathroom situation. I’m pretty sure I’m going to go with a two piece now.
2017-12-30 5:22 PM
in reply to: BakerBryan

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
One or two piece and brand is really up to individual body type and preference. Personally I don't find a one-piece with a front-entry zip any more problematic than a two-piece for bathroom trips, but that's just me. Advantages of two piece (besides the bathroom issue) are that you can mix and match, the pieces by themselves are more useful even if you decide to rarely do tris (shorts can also be used for swims, rides, or runs; tops for running and biking) and it may be easier for some people to find a good fit (if your top and bottom require different sizes). One-piece tends to be a bit more hydro- and aero-dynamic, assuming you can find a good fit (which can be a big "if") and can be a better fit for people who are tall or long-waisted (no tops riding up to expose the tummy).

I've had good experiences with 2XU compression-type tri suits. They aren't particularly attractive--boring color schemes with a lot of grey and black--but they are well-designed, very durable, comfortable for all three events, and tend toward the middle range as far as sizing. I've also had Zoot and Pearl Izumi suits, but they seem more of a mixed bag as far as fit and quality. Danskin makes some good quality lower-end women's suits in a great range of sizes, but not sure they do men's.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Suit Rss Feed