United States
70F / 21C
Precipitation
Total Time = 50m 52s
Overall Rank = 45/unk
Age Group = NA
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

As usual, showed up at Le Bon Temps Roule early enough to have one pre-race beer. Unfortunately, weather had slightly different plan, and start was pushed back by 45 min. Hung out inside watching non-stop 80's videos...
Event warmup:

Three, yes three beers, I think...
Run
  • 50m 52s
  • 6.41 miles
  • 07m 56s  min/mile
Comments:

Firstbeer was a local Port Orleans Riverfront (can). It went down smooth and I was quickly off and running. Unfortunately, I was stuck in middle of pack of slow drinkers and it took me a while to get through clutter. Good pace to Reginelli's and powered through my first Hamm's (can). YES they still make Hamm's. Solid run to TJ Quills and grab my second Hamm's. Suddenly realize that I need to pee really bad (rain delay beers). As I walk out of port-a-john our first puker comes rolling in, which causes a little chain reaction. This is amusing, but I gotta run and get more beer. Course to Patois gets a little fuzzy but I guess this happens when you follow guys dressed like lifeguards...Slam my third Hamm's and I am off. Quick jaunt to Dos Jefes, where we switch back to Port Orleans Dorada (draft). Man does this one go down easy, and we're off to Grit's for our last Dorada. Quick confirm how to get to the finish and we're off again.
What would you do differently?:

Not follow lifeguards, or dress as a lifeguard. coin toss.
Post race
Warm down:

Um, yeah. So, the Baton Rouge gang decided that it would be a good idea to set up shop by the cooler of remaining firstbeer; until they were no more. Brilliant!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My beer drinking speed was less than optimal. I really need to practice my chugging technique.

Event comments:

Bar-A-Thon is a great New Orleans tradition. Bigly recommended. I will run this every chance I get!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2018-05-28 12:00 AM
Running
00:50:52 | 06.41 miles | 07m 56s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 45/unk
Performance: Good
Max HR: 167 Avg HR: 154
Course: The course for this run is sort of up to the individual runner. Only limitation is that you need to hit all 6 bars in order, and drink (or not) a beer at each bar...I would have done better to do a little route planning, since I ended up following a couple of guys who got slightly off course. Added about a quarter mile to course, with a short stop to check GPS and get back on course.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes