epic races
65F / 18C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 06m 43s
Overall Rank = 5/
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 1/
Pre-race routine:

Nice to do a race I didn't have to get a hotel for. Braided my hair and ate some oatmeal on the way over.

So I go to rack my bike and I am trying to get my brakes right. They have been a problem for a while but the LBS has not been awesome about making them right so I have taken matters into my own hands. Lady in transition was all You HAVE to take this over to the bike guy. OK...he was like well your cable needs to be replaced but there is a line so I will do you last. Because I got there early so I could NOT have my stuff set up. I hate chaos I hate womens races whay am I here?

So since most of the people just wanted their tyres pumped I picked up a pum and started pumpin tires. OMG....first Iwas thinking was I the ONLY one who brought a pump to this race? THen I realized most of the ladies had no idea how to even pump tires nor dod they know what pressure they needed. WTF? weriously? So you are just going to ride marshmellows and never pump your tires? SMH

Turns out some bike shop, I don't rememebr when the cables were changed, put derailur cable in my brakes which is why they have been a problem forever and I can't get them right. Felling slightly less inept but at least I know how to pump my tires

Why do I hate womens races, the ineptitude that people seem to use being a wman as an excuse for. If you want ot play know th rules. Everyone is freaking late. I get you are a mom and your kid lost his shoe or whatever. Its your day plan ahead. The races always start late which I hate. They had to o stupid yoga befre the race. If i wanted to do yoga I would have gone to a yoga class not signed up for a tri.

Event warmup:

Pumping other peoples tyres
Swim
  • 27m 6s
  • 1500 meters
  • 01m 49s / 100 meters
Comments:

2 loop swim. I had a good swim. They did a time trial start. They were also running a super sprint and after the oly athletes got in t he water they started that so there was a bit of swimming around people on the second loop. It was quite muddy on the entrance/exit...like sink up to your ankles that was difficult

This was my actual time swimming/moving time per garmin not swimming time plus running a country mile time
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Once again a 1/4 mile run to transition. I left flip flops near the swim exit so after slogging thru the mud I put them on and walked/jogged up the hill and into transition. Got my suit off helmet and glasses on grab bike off I go.
What would you do differently?:

be able to run
Bike
  • 1h 32m
  • 40 kms
  • 26.09 km/hr
Comments:

Horrible. My only saving grace is that my HR was very high so at least I know I was working hard.it was hillier than I thought it would be. Lots of turns, the road was TERRIBLE. It was like mountain biking on my tri bike. I made one turn and something fell off my bike and tinkled down the road. I suspect I lost an allen wrench out of my saddle bag but it was concerning. I had a VERY close calla nd almost fell. If there had been a car I would have been hit. I was dropping down to my aero bars and my forearm slipped off the aeropad and I totally swerved into the other lane and nearly went down. My bike was at like a 45 degree ankle to the ground. It was one of those things where you are like.....geez this is going to hurt. Anyway it was probably my worst Oly bike ever.

There was NO race support on the course. I saw the bike van once. If I had wrecked I would have been lying n the road for god knows how long.
What would you do differently?:

My cardio has suffered the last few years not being able to run. I need to train better
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Poor cardio fitness, crappy roads

Event comments:

There are many reasons I hate women's only races. I must have had a stroke when I signed up for this.
1-Ladies learn to take care of yourself. Learn to use a bike pump at the very least. You really know how to change a flat too.
2-Fucking yoga? really? the race start is delayed for YOGA?
3-This is probably the harshest race review I have given. Stared late, really poor post race activities, You had too look up your results and then pick up something if you placed.
4-Race timing was no working, I was 1st when I checked then later said I was second so no idea
5-No as in ZERO support on the bike course esp after the super sprint cut off

Obviously I can't comment on the run course.

Last updated: 2018-06-12 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:27:06 | 1500 meters | 01m 49s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: 2 loops
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 73F / 23C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder: Good
Breathing: Average Drafting: Below average