General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Feel Like a Newbie Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-09-09 9:28 AM

Regular
Noblesville, Indiana
Subject: Feel Like a Newbie

I've been on and off this site for a long time. Mostly off. I was training for the Louisville Ironman this past summer and was having A-Fib episodes. Went into the hospital to do a drug study and my heartrate dropped to the low 30's while I was sleeping. Cardiologists were concerned as the 'long' periods between heart beats can help create different/more electric paths for the heart, as I was told. My only option, unfortunately, was to quit my training and have cyro baloon ablation surgery which of course halted my training for the Louisville Ironman. Good thing I purchased the medical insurance. Surgery was August 28th so I'm almost 2 weeks out of surgery. Did a nice easy ride on Wahoo Kickr/Zwift yesterday. Average HR was 109 with no episodes. did 30 minutes.   Keeping my fingers crossed, going to do a light jog on the treadmill this morning. Anyone else out there that has experienced A-Fib or had Ablation surgery?  I also had A-Flutter ablation surgery 2 years ago, as one of my nurses said, "Overachiever".  I found that to be quite humorous.  Looking forward to my 'new' journey; I have plans for an Ironman in 2020, maybe Arizona (flat bike course is so appealing).

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Feel Like a Newbie Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Feeling Happy as a newbie

Started by marilynchughes15
Views: 364 Posts: 1

2018-07-23 4:26 PM marilynchughes15

Newbie, been putting it for tooooooo looooong.

Started by TheGavinator
Views: 686 Posts: 4

2018-02-07 1:22 PM kelpeng

Another Newbie

Started by Arschile
Views: 812 Posts: 4

2017-11-13 6:04 AM DoMyAssignment

Started by bangersinc
Views: 472 Posts: 4

2017-11-01 6:38 AM jmhpsu93

Hi all newbie here

Started by PCabrita