Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » ZWIFT to Garmin to BT Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-12-14 3:41 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
Subject: ZWIFT to Garmin to BT

HI, I am trying to streamline some of my data recording and not wear my Watch on indoor training.  Is it possible to either link directly to ZWIFT for the training log, or to get Garmin to send the workouts loaded from Zwift over to BT?   Seems everything that is loaded up from the watch or even a manual entry into the Garmin App will show up in the BT log.   But the ZWIFT workouts are no where to be seen.  

Thanks

2018-12-14 5:03 PM
in reply to: mambos

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member
Subject: RE: ZWIFT to Garmin to BT

Hey Matt,

Make sure that Zwift is sync'd with Garmin Connect and make sure Garmin Connect is sync'd with BT.  If that's setup properly, any Zwift workout should upload to GC then to BT.

2018-12-14 11:14 PM
in reply to: k9car363

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
Hmm.. everything seems to be working except for the Garmin to BT part. The zwift workouts appear in Garmin but never make it to BT. I did create a manual wo today on the Garmin mobile app and it transferred to BT but no luck with the Zwift workout. I will see what happens after tomorrow’s workout.Thanks for the tips
2019-02-01 8:26 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Garmin does not forward third party stuff (Zwift, Sufferfest) to other sources due to contractual stuff. :-(

2019-02-04 11:15 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
x2

Some of the other products can sync via Tapiriik's site, but not Zwift yet.
2019-02-05 6:29 AM
in reply to: alicefoeller

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by alicefoeller x2 Some of the other products can sync via Tapiriik's site, but not Zwift yet.

I think that the Tapiriik developer has dropped the project. He's been somewhat unresponsive for the past year. To be fair, though, the project is in GitHub so some other developers could contribute or take it over.

2019-02-05 6:44 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
I figured that was the case with Garmin, once I did a few runs and they didn’t show up either figured it was a 3rd Larry Issue. I also used the tapiriik but it is flakey at best on when it transfers the data, which if the guy has dropped it would explain why. It did move a lot of data by not everything and new stuff is hit or miss. I went back to using the watch at same time so the data shows up on its own..
2019-05-14 4:42 PM

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
I came to post about this issue then found this thread.

I recently joined zwift, and didn't connect my garmin account right away. So I have workouts that were auto-shared with Garmin, and then I had workouts that were not auto-shared before I connected the services. So I downloaded those files and uploaded them to Garmin connect.

Now in my Garmin connect, I see everything. But - the Zwift data that I "manually" uploaded is on BT. The auto-uploaded stuff is not.

To determine if it is indeed a 3rd party license thing, I looked for the difference. In Garmin, the auto-uploaded stuff shows up as ZWIFT - NYC - or ZWIFT Watopia, etc..... So that has some kind of tagging.

Funny thing is though, the pre-connected data files I uploaded to Garmin show up as "virtual cycling" but still have a designation in another field with Zwift as the 3rd party source.

So, something about the coding will allow files that were manually added, if the top line doesn't mention zwift. I think that lower field that mentions the 3rd party is a field that doesn't travel to the BT log. But in the Garmin files that were auto-uploaded by Zwift, the mention of Zwift in the first line, or that relationship to some metatag is what is gumming up the works.

That is the extent of my understanding of data, so I have no idea how to change that in any way, but that's my rudimentary understanding from a bit of comparison.

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » ZWIFT to Garmin to BT Rss Feed