Other Resources The Political Joe » Runners are badasz Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-02-05 1:21 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Runners are badasz
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trail-runner-kills-attacking-mountain-lion...

"Trail runner kills attacking mountain lion 'in self-defense,' authorities say"

Never underestimate the fight for survival. This guy was not going to be take out by a darn cat! Good for him.

2019-02-06 2:52 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Runners are badasz
The man whipped his head around and saw a mountain lion that wildlife officials believe was less than a year old stalking him.

…He yelled at the animal and waved his arms over his head to make himself look bigger.

…As it went for his head and neck, the man blocked the cat with his forearms, but the mountain lion bit him on the face and clamped its fangs on the man’s wrist — and wouldn’t let go, Ferrell said.

The man picked up a rock with his free hand and pounded the cat in the head, but the animal hung on. He then put the lion in a headlock and wrestled and scrapped with the creature on the trail, Ferrell said.

When he finally managed to free his wrist from the cat’s jaws, the runner counterattacked. He jumped on the mountain lion’s back, and, using his hands, arms and feet, he choked the animal to death, she said.

He then hiked to his car and drove to a local hospital.

This man will never have to buy another beer in a bar the rest of his life!
2019-02-15 9:27 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Runners are badasz

He finally came out and told his story. It sounds more terrifying in his own words. Dude is a badass.

http://www.cpr.org/news/story/it-was-like-a-wrestling-match-trail-runner-recounts-harrowing-tale-of-a-mountain-lion-0?fbclid=IwAR3NbvtEl-ZWQly09xQ4qVKIyG7GPelmy79v3VsLihFxbrcgB3Wm4pQ0bnM

I live in the mountains and I'm always mystified by the number of trail runners I see wearing earbuds on the trails around here. If they can't hear me trying to call a pass on my mtb, they certainly wouldn't hear a big cat - being aware was this guy's saving grace.

Mountain lions are all over where I live, but it's extremely rare to see one. I was fatbiking one afternoon last month and rode my bike through fresh snow to an overlook, took a few photos. When I turned around to head down, there were fresh cat tracks over my bike tracks, following them for a good half mile - started 50 feet from where I'd been taking photos. I've never ridden downhill so fast in my life. If it had been summer, I never would have known he/she was there beyond maybe feeling like I was being watched. 

Edited by Stacers 2019-02-15 9:27 AM
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Runners are badasz Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

I am a warped man....

Started by Rogillio
Views: 406 Posts: 5

2018-12-21 12:26 PM Rogillio

I am Spartacus!!

Started by Left Brain
Views: 517 Posts: 4

2018-09-07 2:16 PM Rogillio