General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Howdy from Texas Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-03-08 8:00 AM

Subject: Howdy from Texas
I will be participating in my very first triathlon on April 7th. Been training for a few months now and feel great. So glad I ran across this forum, because I have very limited experience in triathlon training. To put it bluntly, I've been winging it ... but have seen pretty good results. I'm hoping that learning from more experienced triathletes and coaches will assist my endeavors and gains!

2019-03-10 10:34 AM
in reply to: Gstar1

User image

Subject: RE: Howdy from Texas
Welcome! One of the things I was recommended when I talked to anyone about starting triathlons was the book "The Triathlete Training Bible" Take a look at it and hopefully it'll help. I am pretty new to the sport a well but there is a lot of solid knowledge in the pages on this forum.
2019-03-12 12:56 PM
in reply to: t_dub_meh

Another thumbs up here for Triathlete Training Bible and all of the Joe Friel books.
2019-03-15 12:04 PM
in reply to: Gstar1

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Originally posted by Gstar1 I will be participating in my very first triathlon on April 7th. Been training for a few months now and feel great. So glad I ran across this forum, because I have very limited experience in triathlon training. To put it bluntly, I've been winging it ... but have seen pretty good results. I'm hoping that learning from more experienced triathletes and coaches will assist my endeavors and gains!

Hello Scott,

Welcome to Beginner Triathlete!

There are a number of training plans here on the website (click "Training Plans" at the top left).  Many of those plans are free.  Having a plan is one of the best things you can do to aid your preparation for a race - it'll help keep your training balanced and progressing at a safe, sustainable rate. 

Enjoy the journey to your first race!

2019-03-20 3:43 PM
in reply to: #5256390

Hi y'all! I stumbled upon this forum while looking for a venue and team to train with in the Houston area. But I'm more of an open water swimmer/ duathlete, for now. Are there groups who practice open water swimming regularly?
2019-03-20 9:45 PM
in reply to: PearlyShell

User image

Expert
Welcome to the site. I've gotten a lot out of this site. Check out the mentor forums. Your will find people who are engaged in the sport and can give you a lot of direction.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Howdy from Texas Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Howdy from Louisville

Started by Tri_Ray_Tri
Views: 345 Posts: 3

2018-11-13 12:01 PM HaydenHunter