Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2019-06-19 12:03 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: SA - no Chick-fil-A for you

Abdulrahman Abdullahi, 23, of Toronto arrested

Ah.....just some good ol' Canadian farmboys out for some fun I see.  

2019-06-19 12:59 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Left Brain

Abdulrahman Abdullahi, 23, of Toronto arrested

Ah.....just some good ol' Canadian farmboys out for some fun I see.  

They haven't said anything about gangs but I suspect these guys were gang members, and some guy picked an argument with the wrong people and boom boom boom. Again, guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised if they we Somali. I know there are cities like Ottawa and Toronto that have ethnic groups in gangs that we see less of in Montreal. Ottawa had a problem with Somlai gangs at one point.

But I also believe it's more an issue of poverty than it is of where they come from.

A few years ago the police put a lot of the Hell's Angels in jail. This created a huge void in organized crime and some street gangs stepped in to fill it. In Montreal, we probably have a good share of Haitian gang members because they speak French. And they were brutal. There was a big uptick in gang violence and something most believed the Hell's tried to control before they were put in jail.

The Hell's tired hard to keep their activities out of the public eye. If you were one of them, did something to attract attention, you were probably in bigger trouble with the organization than with the police.

Yesterday I went to my son's university graduation. He did Electrical Engineering. They started with the PHD diplomas. Of 20, not one "typical" canadian name. Then the masters. Of about 40, 1 seemed like a French Canadian name. Then the bachelor's. Maybe 1 in 10 was a non arabic, non indian, non asian name.

So yes, we may be getting some lesser wanted individuals, but we are also getting some of the best and brightest.

Edited by marcag 2019-06-19 1:06 PM
2019-06-19 1:08 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Like I said....without question, the biggest struggle will always be rooting out the bad without offending the good.  I've come to the realization that you just have to be willing to do both.....and let the chips fall where they may.  It's a struggle for me, because I don't really understand the "getting offended" part, so I think I tend to "offend"  more than most,  but I can live with the consequences of that.

Edited by Left Brain 2019-06-19 1:10 PM
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » SA - no Chick-fil-A for you Rss Feed  

of 2