Other Resources The Political Joe » Impeachment and the IG report Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-12-12 7:55 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Impeachment and the IG report
Democrats/media mantra is “no one is above the law”.

Ironically, the two articles of impeachment are for “abuse of power" and “obstruction of Congress" - neither of which is a recognized federal or state crime.

I watched the Senate question the IG yesterday and was amazed. The abuses and outright criminal behavior of the DOJ/FBI is disturbing. The most damning finding has to be the DOJ attorney that factually altered evidence that was presented to the FISA court. That guy will be disbarred and should go to jail.

By now I think the Dems realize they jumped the shark. Unfortunately they are all in and they have no recourse.

2019-12-12 11:06 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Master
White Oak, Texas
Subject: RE: Impeachment and the IG report
I hope the experience for them will be like jumping down the water slide and realizing the water is not on.
2019-12-13 6:32 PM
in reply to: CBarnes

User image

Pro
Keep giving the Dems rope....unbelievable how dumb of a move they made here. Bless their hearts. LMAO
2019-12-13 9:40 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

, Arizona
I've said it in another post already, but the impeachable crimes are in the constitution, not the federal or state criminal code.

I think the dems are well aware at this point impeachment will fail in the senate. It won't matter to those on the far left, they will vote the way they always have and will, no different than the right. The only thing that matters at this point is what the undecided/centralist voters think of all this. I personally believe that they would care more about Trumps actions than the failed impeachment attempt, but only very slightly, the proceedings aren't likely to hurt the dems much if at all. The only people who seem upset by it are already solidly on one side of the political spectrum. Maybe it will be completely forgotten, November is still a ways out, if the Fed can continue to keep the economic bubble inflated I'd wager Trump will win again. If it pops it's all over for Trump.

The IG report certainly had some damning behavior, but I gotta be honest it was a total let down from what you guys were saying it would be, no wonder nobody posted about it for days. It will be forgotten by the end of next week, though I hope those in the FBI are held accountable, just as all government officials should be held accountable for abuse of power (speaking of irony). Trumps puppet William Barr sure seemed upset by the results too, he spent no time holding back his bias on a report that determined there was no bias.

Hamilton had some interesting comments from Federalist #65, couldn't be any more relevant and true than now, maybe none of us are fit to decide guilt except our Canadian friend.

"A well-constituted court for the trial of impeachments is an object not more to be desired than difficult to be obtained in a government wholly elective. The subjects of its jurisdiction are those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated POLITICAL, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself. The prosecution of them, for this reason, will seldom fail to agitate the passions of the whole community, and to divide it into parties more or less friendly or inimical to the accused. In many cases it will connect itself with the pre-existing factions, and will enlist all their animosities, partialities, influence, and interest on one side or on the other; and in such cases there will always be the greatest danger that the decision will be regulated more by the comparative strength of parties, than by the real demonstrations of innocence or guilt."
2019-12-14 10:50 AM
in reply to: Synon

User image

Champion
Alabama
To be crime there needs to be criminal intent and that boils down to motive. Dems claim his motive was to find dirt on his 2020 opponent. Trumps claims his motive was uncovering corruption....and possibly 2016 vindication. In the absence of proof of motive Dems want to believe the worst and Republicans are will to give him the benefit of doubt.

Had Dems not been pushing impeachment for 3 years people might be more inclined to side with them.
2019-12-15 5:33 PM

User image

Pro
The answer to anything and everything the Dems want is simple.......NO!

2019-12-18 9:33 PM

User image

, Arizona
Welp, it's done, Trump has been impeached. Now on to the senate where we all know what will happen next.

Rog if there had been proof of motive do you think the senate would really have a change of heart? I do agree the motive matters (at least to the swing voter it probably matters), I also agree that the talk of impeachment from the very moment he stepped into office was quite the blunder, you can only cry wolf so many times. I felt the motive was wrapped up in the very specific request to make a public announcement of the investigation. Trump is very effective at weaponizing guilt by public opinion. It wouldn't matter what Ukraine found or didn't find, an announcement would be enough ammunition for Trump to do as he pleased and it was critical for it to be public or he couldn't weaponize it. I'm sure you remember the birther conspiracy largely fueled by Trump, it was ridiculous but it didn't matter, it had the intended effect. If he really were worried about corruption, isn't it a bit odd to offer hundreds of millions of dollars for a corrupt nation to do an internal investigation during an election year of the family of your main opponent? That's a lot of really amazing coincidences, but it will be water under the bridge after the senate votes.

Hopefully things move quickly at this point so congress can get back to its regularly scheduled squabbling. But lets be honest here, almost everything both parties do is calculated and politically motivated (yes, including the impeachment), neither has pure intentions.

Tulsi Gabbard voted present, refused to be apart of the circus.
2019-12-19 7:28 AM
in reply to: Synon

User image

Champion
Alabama
“guilt by public opinion“

This was exactly the motive of the Russian hoax.

OTOH, I don’t think anyone with half a brain would think Hunter Biden’s job with Burisma was anything other than pay to play corruption.

Two things can be true at the same time. Trump may have been looking for dirt and Biden might be neck deep in corruption.

2019-12-19 7:31 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
That look your Mama gave you when you started to disobey her.

https://youtu.be/URCiLYaRZfc
2019-12-19 8:36 AM

User image

Pro

What a circus.  LMAO

2019-12-19 10:10 AM

User image

Pro

On the day President Trump gets impeached the Nasdaq closes with another record and the Trump campaign rakes in 5,000,000 in donations. 

My retirement savings portfolio is up over 26% for the year.  The gains in those accounts are twice my yearly salary. LOL

I don't know how the Democrats can up the ante on stupidity to keep this going, but I have faith in them!! 

2019-12-19 10:27 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Synon Welp, it's done, Trump has been impeached. 

Will that still be the case if Pelosi doesn't send the articles over to the Senate?  I'm asking because I don't know. 

What an absolute mess the Dems have made for themselves.  LMAO

Another question....just asking for a friend....if Pelosi doesn't send the articles over to the Senate unless the Senate proceeds like she wants, is that political extortion?  Qui pro Quo?  What, exactly, would you call this?  I thought the Dems were in a big hurry to get this done. 

Edited by Left Brain 2019-12-19 10:47 AM
2019-12-19 12:14 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Left Brain

Will that still be the case if Pelosi doesn't send the articles over to the Senate?  I'm asking because I don't know. 

Another question....just asking for a friend....if Pelosi doesn't send the articles over to the Senate unless the Senate proceeds like she wants, is that political extortion?  Qui pro Quo?  What, exactly, would you call this?  I thought the Dems were in a big hurry to get this done. 

Pelosi just doubled-down on weapons grade stupid. She will hold it for awhile till she sees the impeachment poll numbers continue to fall.

McConnel just needs to state no trial arrangements will be made until AFTER the Senate receives the articles of impeachment
2019-12-19 12:24 PM

User image

Pro

Maybe this is the Dems play to keep the economy rolling!!  LMAO

2019-12-19 4:42 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Wait.....my bad....the Dems are keeping the economy roaring by taking credit for the new USMCA deal. BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Shameless idiots.

Edited by Left Brain 2019-12-19 4:42 PM
2019-12-19 5:15 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Wait.....my bad....the Dems are keeping the economy roaring by taking credit for the new USMCA deal. BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Shameless idiots.

this is apparently an honest assessment of USMCA

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/12/10/winners-losers-fi...

2019-12-19 5:20 PM

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

Originally posted by Rogillio

Pelosi just doubled-down on weapons grade stupid. She will hold it for awhile till she sees the impeachment poll numbers continue to fall. McConnel just needs to state no trial arrangements will be made until AFTER the Senate receives the articles of impeachment

I suppose Trump now has standing to sue in court to have the articles released to the Senate?  

Sadly, I only get to vote against 1 of the 229 or 230 representatives who passed the articles.  

2019-12-19 6:28 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Pro
Originally posted by marcag
Originally posted by Left BrainWait.....my bad....the Dems are keeping the economy roaring by taking credit for the new USMCA deal. BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Shameless idiots.
this is apparently an honest assessment of USMCAhttps://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/12/10/winners-losers-final-usmca-deal/
Sure....WAPO is always honest. LOL
2019-12-20 6:22 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Originally posted by marcag
Originally posted by Left BrainWait.....my bad....the Dems are keeping the economy roaring by taking credit for the new USMCA deal. BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Shameless idiots.
this is apparently an honest assessment of USMCAhttps://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/12/10/winners-losers-final-usmca-deal/
Sure....WAPO is always honest. LOL

yes, agreed. It would have had more credibility if delivered by judge Judy or Diamonds and Silk...

seriously, it was forwarded to me by someone that worked on the trade deal. I asked where I could see an impartial assessment of the deal and they sent me this
2019-12-20 8:52 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Pro

Actually, Judge Judy or Diamond and Silk are just as reputable, at times, as any other "news" source.  I try to read all I can.....it's really not worth my time anymore.

And no, I'm not trusting any source that wants to give credit to the Democrats for doing ANYTHING except being a disruptive force because they lost an election.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Impeachment and the IG report Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Impeachment

Started by Rogillio
Views: 639 Posts: 14

2019-10-10 8:58 PM tuwood

Mueller Report

Started by Rogillio
Views: 416 Posts: 4

2019-04-23 9:13 PM Left Brain

Impeachment