Other Resources The Political Joe » Say it ain’t so Joe...Hunter Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2020-10-28 11:48 AM
in reply to: Synon

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Say it ain’t so Joe...Hunter

What is your projection for the Senate ?

2020-10-28 12:17 PM

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

Originally posted by Synon
Originally posted by McFuzz

Correct me if I’m wrong...most elections are run by county election boards.  As such, 12 hour waits and polling locations are the result of locally elected boards and not some nefarious national strategy out to suppress some targeted demographic.  If voters continue to elect local officials that bless them with 12 hour voting lines, they get what they deserve without sympathy from me.

I hope you see the irony in this... if your vote is being suppressed, vote them out? Most of the issues are at a local level, the post office issues was not though. Governors also seem to have some sway too, for instance Texas Governor Greg Abbott (a Republican) ordered a limit of one drop-off location per county at the beginning of October. So areas like Harris county with 2.4 million registered voters are being served by a single voting drop-off location, high population density counties like Harris tend to be more liberal and the more rural counties being more conservative. Also in Texas: The 50 counties that have experienced the greatest increases in African-American and Latino populations had 542 polling sites closed between 2012 and 2018, while those with the lowest increases in minority populations had only 34 closures. Maybe it's not some nefarious strategy to suppress a targeted demographic, maybe it's coincidence that minorities always seem to bear the burden of voter suppression year after year. Maybe we are kidding ourselves that these people aren't acting with intent, this has been going on for 150 years.

No irony at all.  Dysfunction? Yes.

2020-10-28 2:39 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Synon

Correct me if I’m wrong...most elections are run by county election boards.  As such, 12 hour waits and polling locations are the result of locally elected boards and not some nefarious national strategy out to suppress some targeted demographic.  If voters continue to elect local officials that bless them with 12 hour voting lines, they get what they deserve without sympathy from me.

I hope you see the irony in this... if your vote is being suppressed, vote them out? Most of the issues are at a local level, the post office issues was not though. Governors also seem to have some sway too, for instance Texas Governor Greg Abbott (a Republican) ordered a limit of one drop-off location per county at the beginning of October. So areas like Harris county with 2.4 million registered voters are being served by a single voting drop-off location, high population density counties like Harris tend to be more liberal and the more rural counties being more conservative. Also in Texas: The 50 counties that have experienced the greatest increases in African-American and Latino populations had 542 polling sites closed between 2012 and 2018, while those with the lowest increases in minority populations had only 34 closures. Maybe it's not some nefarious strategy to suppress a targeted demographic, maybe it's coincidence that minorities always seem to bear the burden of voter suppression year after year. Maybe we are kidding ourselves that these people aren't acting with intent, this has been going on for 150 years.

Oh....are we going to talk about 150 years and minorities,  can we do it with respect to the Democrats?  Oh yes, please.....let's do. LMAO

2020-10-28 4:49 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

, Arizona
I still give the democrats my earlier guess of 60% chance to taking the senate, pretty close to a coin toss, but they have a slight edge.

LB, maybe we should do it with respect to the real constant: The South.
2020-10-29 7:59 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
I read an article recently that said voter suppression and voter fraud are both way over stated and neither is systemic.

The idea that voter ID requirement is somehow voter suppression is ridiculous. You cannot trust the integrity of an election if people vote anonymously. I like how Iraq did it. When you vote you got your finger died purple. Very primitive but there was no suppression or fraud....at least on the one person, one vote front.

Biden’s campaign seems to be 100% covid and “blame Trump”. I guess if one views the gubment as their savior then gubment should have killed the virus....and cured cancer.

Every year tens of thousands die of the flu. Do we blame government? No. Why? Because is it not political it is medical. But you listen to Biden and has “Trump handled it differently” we would not have lost any lives.

People are gonna do what they are gonna do regardless of what the gubment tell them to do. Here it is almost November an people are social distancing and wearing masks and yet people are still getting infected and people are still dying? Why is that? I’m at a Holiday Inn this morning and the person serving breakfast had on a mask...a crocheted mask! Had to chuckle. I don’t put much faith in masks but people are crazy if they think they are protecting themselves with a crocheted mask...and now the CDC says cloth masks are not effective either.
2020-10-29 8:23 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama

2020-10-29 9:32 AM

User image

Pro

I live next to a county that doesn't require masks and never did.  I go there for all of my needs.  The Covid rate there is no higher than anywhere else.....in fact, it's lower.

Like I have said.....Covid came to my house.....I didn't care then, and I don't care now.  This entire fiasco of quarantining healthy people has been a joke since the minute it started.  (the BEST part was that my family was all "required" to quarantine for 14 days.....except me, I'm "essential" and work with the public.  I was told I did not need to quarantine.)  LMAOOOOOO

Yes, after that, we all ignored it.

2020-10-29 9:46 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Additionally....I have 3 kids at 3 different colleges.  Same story from all of them....Covid has came and went.  They all say that most everyone they know got sick for a bit....and now nobody is. 

Yawn.

Good thing the politics have been brought back to the virus.....or there wouldn't be anything to be afraid of.

Edited by Left Brain 2020-10-29 9:48 AM
2020-10-29 6:05 PM

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

And now the FBI has confirmed a money laundering investigation of the Biden enter.

2020-10-29 10:36 PM
in reply to: McFuzz

User image

Pro
President Trump will win 20% of black voters and 30%+ of Hispanic voters. The Dems can't overcome that. Trump in a walk.
2020-10-30 8:45 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Alabama
Polls still favor Biden but pundits are beginning to hedge their bets. Politico is reporting reps far out number Dems in Miami/Dade in early voting. A place Hillary won in a landslide and still lost Florida. Biden heading to MN a place that has gone dem since 1977. Pundits who where dancing in the end zone 2 weeks ago predicting a Biden landslide are now saying the race is close. Maybe dem early voting is down in Miami because they have been told it is gonna be a dem landslide?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...the Hunter Biden a scandal continues to heat up like a pot of rice on the stove that is about to overflow the pot with no way to turn down the heat.

ETA

For me, this is like watching an Alabama football game where Bama is down by 21 going into the 4th quarter. Numbers don’t look good but somehow the Crimson Tide (usually) come out on top.

I remain optimistic but am not going to cry and riot in the streets if Trump loses. In 2 years there will be a mid term and America will have seen the damage the Dems have done and the GOP will take both houses of Congress. And if not, life will still go on.

Edited by Rogillio 2020-10-30 8:53 AM

2020-10-30 9:26 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio Polls still favor Biden but pundits are beginning to hedge their bets. Politico is reporting reps far out number Dems in Miami/Dade in early voting. A place Hillary won in a landslide and still lost Florida. Biden heading to MN a place that has gone dem since 1977. Pundits who where dancing in the end zone 2 weeks ago predicting a Biden landslide are now saying the race is close. Maybe dem early voting is down in Miami because they have been told it is gonna be a dem landslide? Meanwhile, back at the ranch...the Hunter Biden a scandal continues to heat up like a pot of rice on the stove that is about to overflow the pot with no way to turn down the heat. ETA For me, this is like watching an Alabama football game where Bama is down by 21 going into the 4th quarter. Numbers don’t look good but somehow the Crimson Tide (usually) come out on top. I remain optimistic but am not going to cry and riot in the streets if Trump loses. In 2 years there will be a mid term and America will have seen the damage the Dems have done and the GOP will take both houses of Congress. And if not, life will still go on.

Do you mean to tell me you are just going to accept the results of the election if Biden wins,  and go on with your life?  I swear......just ask any Democrat/Liberal....how completely un-American of you!!  You won't even cry and stamp your feet??  LMAO

2020-10-30 3:42 PM

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

trunalimunumaprzure

2020-10-31 7:25 AM
in reply to: McFuzz

User image

Champion
Alabama

trunalimunumaprzure

“I’ll lead an effective strategy to mobilize trunalimunumaprzure,” Biden said in Pennsylvania.

Good plan! The last thing we need is an immobile trunalimunumaprzure!

Aside from the gaffes and incoherent ramblings, I watched his speech Thursday and he came across as angry and pessimistic and I don’t think that has ever served any politician well.

People have been saying for months the election is going to hinge on covid. This might be so but I don’t think in a way the Dems think it will. They optics of social distancing and masks is their campaign theme and I think they underestimate “covid fatigue”. I think most people are sick of hearing about covid. I think people just want to return to some sort of normalcy and just accept that there are risks in life. Anyway, second wave or not, I don’t think anyone is for another lock down.

My opinion is there are worse things than getting d sick. 99.9% won’t get sick and die. So take precautions, protect the vulnerable and let’s get on with living life. “I don’t fear dying. I only fear living an unlived life!”
2020-10-31 8:07 AM

User image

Pro
The people of this country will not stand for being shut down again. It was a ridiculous premise from day 1.
2020-10-31 11:28 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Do you guys have any "restrictions", ie bars, gyms ....?

2020-10-31 12:51 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Pro
Originally posted by marcagDo you guys have any "restrictions", ie bars, gyms ....?
People where I am are basically ignoring any attempts at restrictions. Our County Executive keeps trying but, basically, nobody pays any attention to him.
2020-10-31 4:28 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by marcag

Do you guys have any "restrictions", ie bars, gyms ....?

Can speak for bars or gyms but went to a shooting range and steakhouse today in FL and neither place required masks.

People are gonna do what they want to do based on their perception of the risk.

Think about this. Several million people have lost their job because of the lock down. One candidate says we need to open back up. The other is saying further lock down might be needed. Who are these unemployed people voting for? “I Lost my job, behind on my mortgage and all my bills, they reprocessed my car, I can’t find a job and my dog ran off....hmmm, I think I’ll vote for more lock downs because covid is dangerous!”
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Say it ain’t so Joe...Hunter Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Joe Biden

Started by Left Brain
Views: 484 Posts: 5

2020-02-16 9:18 AM Left Brain