Other Resources The Political Joe » Impeachment - take 2 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2021-01-26 4:00 PM

User image

Champion
10154
500050001002525
Alabama
Subject: Impeachment - take 2
The Senate just voted 55-45 against Rand Paul’s motion that the senate lacks jurisdiction to try a private citizen. Five Republicans sided with dems. So 45 Senators already said this case is moot! Oh, but there might be “evidence” presented to change their mind! Nope, doesn’t matter. They already said they do not have the authority to try a private citizen. They could see evidence of a serial killer on video but they lack the jurisdiction to convict....according to 45 Senators.

So then, why the chit-show? Pure politics! If Trump was guilty of insurrection he should we tried for treason in a criminal court. But no federal court would take the case because there is no evidence that Trump supported or encouraged storming the Capitol. I look forward to the trial as dems make fools of themselves and Trump dominates the news cycles for a couple of weeks. Today Biden introduced his equity plan and executive orders....yet the top headline is the Senate impeachment vote. I hope the GOP Senators call Trump as a witness.

Oh well, Congress has nothing better to do since Biden is shattering executive order records as he usurps Congress. Obama, started this, Trump made it worse and Biden is making it worse still. Congress is being neutered and better stand up to the Executive branch and take back power before they have none! I did see where a federal judge temporarily blocked Biden’s anti deportation order.


2021-02-02 8:16 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

, Arizona
Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2
So just because it was late in his term he should be off the hook? We've seen this strategy before with the supreme court nomination, just more talking out of both sides of their mouth. He was not a private citizen when the act occurred and he was not a private citizen when he was impeached, even the conservative groups like the Federalist Society think it's constitutional. You're right about one thing, it's pure politics to try and protect him and the further collateral damage that would be inflicted on them for supporting him over the years. Make no mistake, this is nothing but a way to try and save their own skin in this mess.

Their is a reason the people who stormed the capitol feel so betrayed, they thought that's what Trump wanted.... hmmmmmm now why would that be.
2021-02-02 11:37 PM
in reply to: Synon

User image

Pro
15655
5000500050005001002525
Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2
He won't be convicted...nothing to see here.
2021-02-03 8:46 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
10154
500050001002525
Alabama
Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2
Originally posted by Synon

So just because it was late in his term he should be off the hook? We've seen this strategy before with the supreme court nomination, just more talking out of both sides of their mouth. He was not a private citizen when the act occurred and he was not a private citizen when he was impeached, even the conservative groups like the Federalist Society think it's constitutional. You're right about one thing, it's pure politics to try and protect him and the further collateral damage that would be inflicted on them for supporting him over the years. Make no mistake, this is nothing but a way to try and save their own skin in this mess.

Their is a reason the people who stormed the capitol feel so betrayed, they thought that's what Trump wanted.... hmmmmmm now why would that be.


Please cite the specific quotes or tweets where Trump incited the demonstrators to storm the Capitol. Also please cite the specific quotes he used to insight an insurrection.

The whole impeachment is a political circus. The only question is whether or. Ot they will serve popcorn. I suspect tv ratings will be very low. For one, the outcome is a given. For 2, nobody cares! He is no longer president and most sane people have moved on with their lives. I’m a political junkie and I have no interest in the “trial”.

ETA. There is a possibility Trump’s defense will show evidence of voter fraud. That will be fun to watch.

The fact that the Chief Justice said, “Naay, not interested!” Speaks volumes! Guess he didn’t want to put on his top hat and step into the center ring of the circus.

ETA2

Just reading about WHY Roberts is not presiding over the impeachment, it’s because the constitution does not require it. The construction is pretty clear about the process for removing a sitting president. After he has left office he is a private citizen and should be tried in a criminal court. Dems are so far off the reservation with this they look like fools.


Edited by Rogillio 2021-02-03 9:05 AM
2021-02-12 8:24 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
10154
500050001002525
Alabama
Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2
Just saw Breitbart poll showing 96.6% of Breitbart viewers are not watching. Granted that is mostly republicans but it makes the point I made earlier that most people will not watch the impeachment. I have completely tuned it out and change the channel when it comes up. I suspect Dems are hoping to crush pro Trump support with their emotional stories about how they almost died but their biggest audience is Trump haters anyway.

Having said that, most people have jobs and don’t sit around watching TV all day.
2021-02-12 10:07 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
15655
5000500050005001002525
Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2

Haven't watched a second of it.....the acquittal is tomorrow or next week?  The idiots who voted for this ought to have to pay the govt. back for the waste of time and money.



2021-02-12 10:36 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
7515
50002000500
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2

Originally posted by Left Brain

Haven't watched a second of it.....the acquittal is tomorrow or next week?  The idiots who voted for this ought to have to pay the govt. back for the waste of time and money.

if it slows down the 1.9T “stimulus” then they’ve earned their paychecks even if inadvertent.

2021-02-13 3:04 PM
in reply to: McFuzz

User image

Pro
15655
5000500050005001002525
Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2
OMG.....Trump is acquitted...amazing. LOL The pearl clutching by the Dem managers might have been the most nauseating performance I've ever seen. Despicable.
2021-02-13 4:31 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
15655
5000500050005001002525
Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2
I'll just leave this here....

Edited by Left Brain 2021-02-13 4:33 PM




Attachments
----------------
upload_2021-2-13_16-31-25.jpeg (103KB - 18 downloads)
2021-02-13 4:51 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
15655
5000500050005001002525
Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2




Attachments
----------------
8279C212-DFDE-4E92-A011-4A715D8F0DA7.jpeg (110KB - 21 downloads)
2021-02-17 11:57 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image


1678
1000500100252525
Denver, Colorado
Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2
I honestly just want it to be over.... Let's move on. The trail has ended, the decision was made, yet, it's still on and on on the news. No matter who is there in the administration, I would like them to focus on current and future issues.
Or maybe it's not the administration, but the media.


2021-02-17 12:30 PM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Champion
10154
500050001002525
Alabama
Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2
Originally posted by marysia83

I honestly just want it to be over.... Let's move on. The trail has ended, the decision was made, yet, it's still on and on on the news. No matter who is there in the administration, I would like them to focus on current and future issues.
Or maybe it's not the administration, but the media.


It’s both. Trump was a ratings boom for the media. There are some pushing for a criminal indictment of Trump. They just can’t seem to move on. I guess it’s a good distraction to what Biden is doing.

It’s still on the news because the media is giving air time to House impeachment managers spinning their epic defeat as a “win”.

2021-02-18 8:34 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Extreme Veteran
5722
5000500100100
Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2
Originally posted by Rogillio
There are some pushing for a criminal indictment of Trump. They just can’t seem to move on. I guess it’s a good distraction to what Biden is doing.


You mean like Mitch McConnell ?


2021-02-18 1:33 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Champion
10154
500050001002525
Alabama
Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2
Originally posted by marcag

Originally posted by Rogillio
There are some pushing for a criminal indictment of Trump. They just can’t seem to move on. I guess it’s a good distraction to what Biden is doing.


You mean like Mitch McConnell ?






Yeah, he’s done.
2021-03-11 1:06 PM
in reply to: Rogillio


1

Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2
hi
2022-02-28 11:55 PM
in reply to: Left Brain


1

Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2
hi


2022-03-14 11:28 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
15655
5000500050005001002525
Subject: RE: Impeachment - take 2

   Oh.....wow. 



Edited by Left Brain 2022-03-14 11:29 PM
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Impeachment - take 2 Rss Feed