Other Resources 2022 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
Show Per page

of 14

2022-06-24 9:14 AM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Southern Illinois
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Spectacularly slow lake swim this morning--like 20" slower than normal per 100 yds--and I have no idea why. I was just slow. It seemed liked I was swimming normally. My sighting was pretty awful, but it usually is, especially on this swim route (we swim directly into the sun for a while, then so I breath toward it for the rest, which gives me headaches, so I don't breath much or sight as much as I should).

Found out just before we started that the group swam last Friday and tried to race the big thunderstorm that rolled through our area (I seriously thought they were smarter than that!). It didn't end well. They were all in the middle of the lake when the lightening started and one of my friend's dogs (who swims with us) drown in the storm. It is so awful. I'm sad about it and it wasn't even my dog. Moral of the story--be safe and smart when you're OWS!!

2022-06-25 3:55 AM

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
OMG that’s awful! Why would you want to risk swimming in a thunderstorm??!!

Midsummer went well, I spent a lot of time kicking a ball with the kids rather than talk to the adults. My kind of party! Didn’t even hurt myself, although the knees are a little sore this morning but probably more from hitting the ground making spectacular goalkeeping saves. No harm done.

A hot long ride on the program today. Have a great weekend!

2022-06-25 8:36 PM
in reply to: #5278903

User image

Southern Illinois
I did my first century ride today—Tour de Corn in SE Missouri. It was HOT. I got lost near the end (along with three others) and ended up calling SAG to come get us. Ended up at 104 miles, so I do not feel one bit bad about that air conditioned ride home. Somehow we were 12 miles from the finish. Did I mention it was hot? Temp was over 100F with a heat index of 107F by the time we got back. I’m now tied, a tiny bit sunburned, and looking for a good night’s sleep.
2022-06-27 8:51 AM

User image

Southern Illinois
90' run yesterday in a light rain (I love running in the rain--light rain, not downpours). I was surprised at how good my legs felt after Saturday's century ride. The run was a little slow, but it was supposed to be Z2 and I was solidly in Z2 the whole time. No soreness, no dead legs, no nothing. It is almost as if consistently training for several months in a row is actually paying off. Who would have thunk?!?! :D

Hope all your weekend's were good!
2022-06-27 8:58 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Bronze member

Happy Monday everyone.  Nice work over the weekend, Gretchen.  Over 100 degrees is no joke for a ride that long. 

I rescued a week going off the rails with a really good training weekend.  Saturday was a bike/run brick (90 minute / 30 minute) then Sunday was an OWS/bike brick at the state park near me.  I couldn't believe how rough the water was - it's usually like glass here but the wind conditions (maybe 10 mph) were just at the right direction to have like a 20 mile fetch across the bay and up the river.  Maybe 1.5' waves which is nuts for there.  My race in two weeks is actually in the Bay so probably good practice.  I was not good.  LOL

2022-06-27 9:09 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Happy Monday!
Nathalie, glad to hear you had a lovely holiday! I'm sure it was an epic save and totally worth some soreness

Gretchen, so sad about the pup drowning! Sounds like you had a solid ride overall, and amazing that you felt good the next day!

Mike, were you at Hammerman? Definitely unusual for choppiness there. The only time I've seen it rough is when there was a pretty bad storm and people looked like they were swimming in place against the waves!

I woke up early Friday and cleaned for 2 hours as my workout. My house was a bit of a mess. Headed up to PA this weekend for a big volleyball tournament (largest grass tourny in the world! There were almost 300 courts across 5 different locations). Played well but didn't make playoffs. Had a great time cheering our friends on that almost made it to finals though!
Was feeling really run down this morning so am going to aim to get a ride in this afternoon.

New Thread
Other Resources 2022 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 14