Other Resources 2022 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
Show Per page

of 14

2022-06-24 9:14 AM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Southern Illinois
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Spectacularly slow lake swim this morning--like 20" slower than normal per 100 yds--and I have no idea why. I was just slow. It seemed liked I was swimming normally. My sighting was pretty awful, but it usually is, especially on this swim route (we swim directly into the sun for a while, then so I breath toward it for the rest, which gives me headaches, so I don't breath much or sight as much as I should).

Found out just before we started that the group swam last Friday and tried to race the big thunderstorm that rolled through our area (I seriously thought they were smarter than that!). It didn't end well. They were all in the middle of the lake when the lightening started and one of my friend's dogs (who swims with us) drown in the storm. It is so awful. I'm sad about it and it wasn't even my dog. Moral of the story--be safe and smart when you're OWS!!

2022-06-25 3:55 AM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
OMG that’s awful! Why would you want to risk swimming in a thunderstorm??!!

Midsummer went well, I spent a lot of time kicking a ball with the kids rather than talk to the adults. My kind of party! Didn’t even hurt myself, although the knees are a little sore this morning but probably more from hitting the ground making spectacular goalkeeping saves. No harm done.

A hot long ride on the program today. Have a great weekend!

2022-06-25 8:36 PM
in reply to: #5278903

User image

Southern Illinois
I did my first century ride today—Tour de Corn in SE Missouri. It was HOT. I got lost near the end (along with three others) and ended up calling SAG to come get us. Ended up at 104 miles, so I do not feel one bit bad about that air conditioned ride home. Somehow we were 12 miles from the finish. Did I mention it was hot? Temp was over 100F with a heat index of 107F by the time we got back. I’m now tied, a tiny bit sunburned, and looking for a good night’s sleep.
New Thread
Other Resources 2022 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 14