Other Resources 2022 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 36

2022-10-04 10:57 AM
in reply to: bulfrog

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Originally posted by bulfrog

Originally posted by Rollergirl

(as long as it’s not real pain, like a rolled ankle, pushing through an injury is plain stupid IMHO)

Pushing through an injury is stupid. Refusing to acknowledge there is an injury is totally different and perfectly acceptable

Acceptable in your teens and twenties, possibly thirties. Beyond that, it’s just plain stupid. (That’s what I think, do I follow this? That’s another story. Depends on the ”injury”, innit? )

Covid vs Nat, day 8. Still feel like I’ve been hit by a bus, except I don’t hurt anywhere (being hit by a bus would hurt I guess). So not like I’ve been hit by a bus at all. Glad we’ve established that.

Talk to me about exercising, what’s that like?

2022-10-04 3:05 PM
in reply to: Rollergirl

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN

Covid vs Nat, day 8. Still feel like I’ve been hit by a bus, except I don’t hurt anywhere (being hit by a bus would hurt I guess). So not like I’ve been hit by a bus at all. Glad we’ve established that.

Talk to me about exercising, what’s that like?

8 days and you're still feeling crap? That's unlucky. But the end must be near, you'll be bouncing around again before you know it.

Exercising? This morning I went for a short run, that was fun. Then I stretched and foam rolled, not so fun.
2022-10-04 7:04 PM
in reply to: Rollergirl

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Bronze member

Originally posted by Rollergirl (as long as it’s not real pain, like a rolled ankle, pushing through an injury is plain stupid IMHO)
Pushing through an injury is stupid. Refusing to acknowledge there is an injury is totally different and perfectly acceptable
Acceptable in your teens and twenties, possibly thirties. Beyond that, it’s just plain stupid. (That’s what I think, do I follow this? That’s another story. Depends on the ”injury”, innit? ) Covid vs Nat, day 8. Still feel like I’ve been hit by a bus, except I don’t hurt anywhere (being hit by a bus would hurt I guess). So not like I’ve been hit by a bus at all. Glad we’ve established that. Talk to me about exercising, what’s that like?

Got in a little over 4 miles running on the beach this morning.  Here the sand is hardpack so it's a perfect running surface, albeit a little slow.  

I'm thinking of jumping in the water in my unused-since-May wetsuit and get some salt water on it.  Or I could just have a beer and stare at the water.  Tough decisions...

Sending you healing thoughts, Nat.  Eff Covid. 

2022-10-04 7:43 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by Rollergirl (as long as it’s not real pain, like a rolled ankle, pushing through an injury is plain stupid IMHO)
Acceptable in your teens and twenties, possibly thirties. Beyond that, it’s just plain stupid. (That’s what I think, do I follow this? That’s another story. Depends on the ”injury”, innit? ) Covid vs Nat, day 8. Still feel like I’ve been hit by a bus, except I don’t hurt anywhere (being hit by a bus would hurt I guess). So not like I’ve been hit by a bus at all. Glad we’ve established that. Talk to me about exercising, what’s that like?

Got in a little over 4 miles running on the beach this morning.  Here the sand is hardpack so it's a perfect running surface, albeit a little slow.  

I'm thinking of jumping in the water in my unused-since-May wetsuit and get some salt water on it.  Or I could just have a beer and stare at the water.  Tough decisions...

Sending you healing thoughts, Nat.  Eff Covid. 

Why not both?

(Why-Not-Both.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Why-Not-Both.jpg (57KB - 0 downloads)
New Thread
Other Resources 2022 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  

of 36