Chicago, Illinois
United States
Chicago Half Marathon
Total Time = 2h 08m 54s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

woke up at 5:15 ate breakfast, pbnj on wheat, finished syncing my playlist and sat in traffic on the Ryan. Learned from that mistake...
had to park 2 miles away and was now late so I ran to the race and got there just in time to start. NO time to stretch or regroup
Run
  • 2h 08m 54s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

started out on pace and felt great until mile 8 then I totally hit a wall. Tried to recover by slowing down then ulitmately walking but just got dizzy. Never really got the groove back. I sucked it up for the most part the last few miles but couldn't get a good pace again. considering a crappy 5 miles, I am pretty pleased with only being 8 minutes over my goal.
What would you do differently?:

I probably should have done a couple more runs over 9 miles and I wish I would have paid more atention to my pace during training if I was going ot set a time goal for the race.
Post race
Warm down:

apple, banana, water and more water then walk the 2 miles bakc to my car. Probably the best thing I could have done, actually. I think the walk will save the lactic acid soreness tomorrow.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

bad training, mental weakness.

Event comments:

I didn't look up more than 6 times, I swear. I really tried to stay focused and push myself instead of coasting through. I think I will do that in more races but try to actually try to push my speed to the max in more 5 and 10K races. I really want to see what I can do if I push myself to the max. I think every year I get faster and I limit meyself because I don't really push it.

Last updated: 2006-07-26 12:00 AM
Running
02:08:54 | 13.1 miles | 09m 50s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2006-10-01 9:11 PM

User image

New user

Brookfield, IL
Subject: Chicago Half Marathon

2006-10-03 8:55 PM
in reply to: #557162

User image

Regular
Westchester, IL
Subject: RE: Chicago Half Marathon
Good job Trish, I wanted to do that race myself but had to go out of town. Plus I have a knee injury that won't heal.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Chicago Half Marathon Rss Feed