United States
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up and had a bagel... felt great
Event warmup:

Went to the HHH and just talked and relaxed for the start...
Run
  • 5h 30m
  • 26.2 miles
  • 12m 36s  min/mile
Comments:

I started off feeling great the first few miles where just flying by. There where so many people that it was unreal. We hit mile 13 and I felt good and thought this is going to happen. around 15 I was just getting to hot and then at 17 is when I got really sick to my stomach. I got so thirsty and a group of people wher having a party on the front lawn and I stopped and asked them for a Diet coke... and they had one it was the best thing I had... Not sure if it was the smartest thing but at that time I didn't care... So I made it to 22 and looked back and then everything went bad. I couldn't run anymore my leggs cramped up so bad that it made me cry every time I tried to run.. So I had to decide if I wanted to finish or try and run then drop out.. I decided to finish! I made it to 26 and ran the last .2 and I made it through the finish and right after I crossed they took me into the med tent.. I didn't get to see family or anyone. But those people in the med tent where great and helped so much.. After everything calmed down and I was feeling better I got to see my family which was great... They were awesome.. Anyway I will do this race again to see if I can do it better.
What would you do differently?:

I don't know if I would do anything different... other then figure out what caused so much pain at mile 22...
Post race
Warm down:

I was in the med tent the whole time...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

mile 17 and on... for some odd reason...

Event comments:

All I can say without those volunteers and spectators this race wouldn't be as great as an event as it was... I couldn't believe how great people were. It was very organized. I need to say thank you to those volunteers that helped me finish and who helped me at the end when I was feeling so bad.. Also need to say thank you to the race directors for taking a moment of silence for a tri club member that passed away while training for this event, and for letting 4 people enter the 10 miler in his honor. THANK YOU EVERYONE

Last updated: 2006-09-28 12:00 AM
Running
05:30:00 | 26.2 miles | 12m 36s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Course: Very hilly and HOT
Keeping cool Bad Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2006-10-02 8:39 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sioux Falls, SD
Subject: Twin Cities Marathon

2006-10-02 12:42 PM
in reply to: #557412

User image

Master
, Minnesota
Subject: RE: Twin Cities Marathon
You should be proud to have finished! Conditions were tough a couple hrs into the race - temps rose quickly.

There's lessons learned from each mara - fueling, hydration, pace all play into the mix. Learn from it and get ready for the next one!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Twin Cities Marathon Rss Feed