Denver, Colorado
United States
Susan G. Komen Foundation
Total Time = 35m 8s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I got up at 5:30 am to get ready ... ate my oatmeal in the car on the way to the light rail station. The parking lot was full ... we didn't realize the whole city would be going to the race. Jim was with me and we met my friend Beka at the station and we all squeezed onto the train.
Event warmup:

The announcer led in a few warmup stretches. Start time was delayed about 15 minutes because the first group of runners wasn't off the course yet.
Run
  • 35m 8s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 11m 18s  min/mile
Comments:

Kept it nice and slow today ... enjoyed the bands and entertainment along the course. There were 65,000 participants. My coach said this is not the race to try and set a PR ... so I just had fun! I ran with Beka and this was her first 5K ... we chose to start and finish together and we had a great time.
What would you do differently?:

There were so many people on the course and it was a good opportunity to learn to move through a crowd ... next time I'd like to push myself because I keep wondering what my time would have been if I'd been treating this race as the real deal. But there are plenty of races coming up where I'll be trying to meet a goal so it was nice to enjoy this one with a friend.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked through the expo ... completely forgot to stretch ... looked for fruit but there wasn't any.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

People ... thousands of them ... all wearing pink. You were in the wrong race if you wanted to be fast!

Event comments:

There were over 65,000 participants who raised over 1 million dollars for breast cancer research ... WOW! It was fun and it was emotional. The survivors are amazing women. The doves were beautiful.

Last updated: 2006-10-07 12:00 AM
Running
00:35:08 | 03.11 miles | 11m 18s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: West on Speer, South on Colfax, East on Federal, North on Auraria Pkwy. Slight hill on the start and finish but nothing major.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-10-08 9:55 PM

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: Race For The Cure

2006-10-09 1:58 AM
in reply to: #564136

User image

Master
Denver
Subject: RE: Race For The Cure
WOW ! I heard there were going to be 25,000 people at the event. That is absolutely amazing. I moped around all weekend until tonight and was bummed I didn't get out there. Boy, would I have been shocked.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Race For The Cure Rss Feed