Peachtree City Running Club
44F / 7C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 21m 24s
Overall Rank = 76/368
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 17/60
Pre-race routine:

I was a little frazzled, I had to get the boys ready for baseball and then clothes to change into for a party after that. Pre-race is never routine when you have children.
Event warmup:

Stood around and tried to find friendly people to talk to while waiting for race to start.
Run
  • 1h 21m 24s
  • 9.32 miles
  • 08m 44s  min/mile
Comments:

I did really well except around mile four I started really getting weak. Don met me there and brought me water and a gu. That made all the difference in the world! Most of my times were around 8:30 per mile except that mile 4...it was 9:20. Crazy! I like this race because half of it is on my regular run route. How cool is that?! I am really happy with this because last year I did it in 1:39. I wanted to improve my time by at least 15 minutes and I did that.
What would you do differently?:

nothing..run faster I guess.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked to the place to get my shirt.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I have the beginning of a cold. Sore throat...achy. I took 4 tylenol and just did my best and tried not to think about it.

Event comments:

The Peachtree City Classic has been around for a long time. It is a well established race and the shirts are usually pretty nice. This year it was a sweatshirt. At least it isn't a t-shirt! It is a pretty competitive race.

Last updated: 2006-10-15 12:00 AM
Running
01:21:24 | 9.32 miles | 08m 44s  min/mile
Age Group: 17/60
Overall: 76/368
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-10-21 10:34 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Peachtree City, GA
Subject: Peachtree City Classic

2006-10-22 7:18 AM
in reply to: #574635

User image

Veteran
Georgia
Subject: RE: Peachtree City Classic
Congrats on a good race Kelly! I would be very happy with 8:44/miles at that distance. I was looking at doing this race because I've only heard good things about it. I have been taking it easy since Disney Oly. That is cool that you got to race on your "home turf."

On a side note, I did take advantage of all the good runners being at the PTC Classic. I did a small 5K and placed 2nd in A/G. But I bet your sweatshirt is cooler than my t-shirt.

Congrats again!

Craig

2006-10-22 9:40 AM
in reply to: #574635

User image

Extreme Veteran
Miami, FL
Subject: RE: Peachtree City Classic
Congrats on a great showing Kelly!  Wow, you did fabulous!  It sounds like a terrific event too.  I've never tried gu's.  Guess I'm going to be relying on them... talk about a fast energy  boost!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Peachtree City Classic Rss Feed