United States
55F / 13C
Precipitation
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 16/55
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

The McNellies Pub Run was a "Just for Fun" run. 4 mile run with 3 beer stops along the way. You could just run it without drinking but what fun would that be. So I did like 181 other fools and did the "Pub Challenge" Although I'm not sure it was that much fun....drinking Guiness and then running - it was hard.

The course ran through downtown Tulsa with some hills over the overpasses (they were tough after drinking). The first 1.5 miles we kept about an 8mph pace.

Beer Stop (1) - at 1.5 miles - Drink 1 pint of Guiness before you leave the stop. No spillage allowed (although I'm not sure anyone was really checking). Went down okay - but left a nasty taste in your mouth....

Beer Stop (2) - at 3.5 miles - Drink 1 pint of Guiness. The second pint went down easier than the first - but my stomach was just full of beer...1/2 mile to go - I can do that. At the top of an overpass I thought I was going to lose my cookies or beer in this case....I guess all that beer on my stomach and running up the hill was too much. I managed to keep it down and the finish line was around the corner.

Beer Stop (3) - One more pint and then cross the finish line - I heard people yelling my name - I took one BIG GULP - there may have been some spillage and over the line I went.

It was more fun laughing about it after it was all over than it was actually running it. I did get a cool beer mug.
Run
  • 36m 36s
  • 4 miles
  • 09m 09s  min/mile
Post race

Last updated: 2006-10-30 12:00 AM
Running
00:36:36 | 04 miles | 09m 09s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 16/55
Performance:
The pace includes stopping and drinking.
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2006-11-07 10:35 AM

User image

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Subject: McNellie's Pub Run

2006-11-07 3:17 PM
in reply to: #591426

User image

Master
Denver
Subject: RE: McNellie's Pub Run
Sounds like fun. 3 pints in a half hour is a good pace even with out the running.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » McNellie's Pub Run Rss Feed