United States
43F / 6C
Sunny
Total Time = 55m 35s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Traveled to FLA Saturday with the family for a weeks vacation at Disney World. Had a nice dinner out the night before with the inlaws that drove in from Haines City.
Event warmup:

We arrived about an hour before the scheduled start time. It was NY cold, about 40 degrees so we got signed in and picked up our race packets. There were a lot of same day registrations so they pushed back the start time about 15 minutes. I jogged around the parking area and stretched some. They had us line up, both the 5K and 10K started at the same time so it was quite crowded at the starting area.
Run
  • 55m 25s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 08m 56s  min/mile
Comments:

The first mile was congested and difficult to find a pace. I think the first mile time was right about 10 minutes. After that settled into a nice pace until the final half mile when I picked it up and left my running partner behind. This race was covered by CBS and between mile 5 and 6 we were interviewed by the guy on the motorcyle with a camera. Kind of neat, but difficult to come up with answers at that point.

I was happy with the pace, never felt tired just kept the pace consistant which was my goal.
What would you do differently?:

Not much, this was my first 10K, so I was happy to finish strong. In the future I may be a little more aggresive in the first half. I think I left some on the table.
Post race
Warm down:

Hung around the awards area, ate some of the food they had which was plentiful. Publix Grocery store was one of the sponsors.

Followed this up with a full day at Disney World. 10 hours of theme park time after a race, no wonder I am sore. This was my event for my vacation so after this, whatever the family wants to do is ok.

Last updated: 2006-09-24 12:00 AM
Running
00:55:25 | 06.2 miles | 08m 56s  min/mile
Age Group: 19/
Overall: 26/
Performance:
Course: The course was fairly flat and well marked
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4