United States
40F / 4C
Sunny
Total Time = 35m 23s
Overall Rank = 454/
Age Group = 35-39M
Age Group Rank = 38/55
Pre-race routine:

Got up ate a couple of pieces of toast and had a can of Slim-fast. Got dressed and drove to Shelby Farms for the race, but stopping first for my normal pre-race Mountain Dew. Got my number, t-shirt and chip then headed back to the truck to stay warm. About 30 minutes before the race I headed back up the hill to where the registration tents were and cahtted with a few friends.
Event warmup:

None other than walking to the start line and a very limited amount of stretching. Met up with Jay (jccbulldog) and chatted with him and his wife before the start.
Run
  • 35m 23s
  • 4 miles
  • 08m 51s  min/mile
Comments:

Just took out easy as I really wasn't that motivated to be there that morning. For whatever reason, I just couldn't get going mentally. Just short of the 1 mile marker I noticed Jay standing on the side of the road and yeled at him. He decided to back up and run with me, which was pretty cool as we chatted the remainder of the course catching up on the past 15 years or so since we last saw each other at school. A long time had passed since we pledged the same fraternity together. He was always a great friend, so it was great to meet up with him again. (For those of you that don't know, Jay and I actually located each other on this site without really knowing who the other was...small world, huh?)
What would you do differently?:

Nothing, I ran a good pace and even with the hills and lack of motivation, I was able to make the gola time/pace that I was looking for.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked after the finish, dropped off my chip, grabbed a bottle of water, chatted with Jay and his wife for a few seconds and with a few others, then headed straight for the truck so that I could get back home and get cleaned up for the travel trip to my brothers for Thanksgiving dinner.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

none!

Last updated: 2006-11-22 12:00 AM
Running
00:35:23 | 04 miles | 08m 51s  min/mile
Age Group: 38/55
Overall: 454/
Performance: Good
Course: Rolling hills (small but continuous) through Shelby Farms.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2006-11-24 10:42 AM

User image

Master
Pensacola, Fl
Subject: Turkey Trot 4 miler

2006-11-24 2:19 PM
in reply to: #607547

Champion
South Jersey
Subject: RE: Turkey Trot 4 miler
Nice job. That's cool you were able to catch up with an old friend for the duration of the run. I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Turkey Trot 4 miler Rss Feed