YMCA
45F / 7C
Sunny
Total Time = 41m 22s
Overall Rank = 20/51
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 3/6
Pre-race routine:

Got up early and ate breakfast. Toast and juice.
Event warmup:

Stretched with fellow BT'er Jeremy_424 and another friend from the fire department where we all work.
Run
  • 41m 22s
  • 5 miles
  • 08m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

Biggest start of any race I have been in. Over 100 people in the two and five mile events. Took a little while to get moved through all of the people and get on pace. Passed quite a few people and don't think we got passed at all. Ran with Dave for the first mile. He stopped and walked through the drink station at mile one and I kept plugging along. He quickly caught up so I decided to turn up the heat just before crossing over the Big Blue River. Slowly started to seperate from him. Met Jeremy about .2 miles from the turn around. He was on his way back and looking strong. Made the turn at 20:02. Was extremely happy with this time. Wasn't sure how may age groupers were ahead of me but started to dream about placing in my AG. Very little passing on the back half. Only passed a couple of people, but didn't get passed at all. A few hills at the end were a little rough but got through them fine. Finished strong with a smile on my face and my daughter with me.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe could have pushed a little harder overall, but not sure if I would have had enough gas to finish.
Post race
Warm down:

Talked with family and waited for Dave to finish. Took pictures and waited for results.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing. Felt like this was a great run for me. To go from last this summer in a 10K with a time of 1:14 to this time was great. Far exceeded my expectations of a 45:00 run.

Last updated: 2006-10-09 12:00 AM
Running
00:41:22 | 05 miles | 08m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/6
Overall: 20/51
Performance: Good
Course: 2.5 mile out and back. Started at the YMCA with the first 1/2 mile on city streets and then the rest on our hiking trail.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes