General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Good Bad and Skinny Weigh In January 24th! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2007-01-30 11:07 AM
in reply to: #665964

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Good Bad and Skinny Weigh In January 24th!
Oh yay.. one more day. i thought it was wed and i was to weigh in. yesterday i did weigh myself with 2lb loss and then blew it at night time! AUUUGGGG. hopefully if i drink my water and stay on track today it will still show a loss tomorrow for weigh in.

2007-01-30 12:31 PM

I'd throw my hat in for continuing. I find I care more about weighing in on Wednesdays than on any other day of the week and I wonder if I'd care as much without this.

Plus you're all very supportive and funny.
2007-01-30 3:27 PM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas

So who wants to take over the role of being the leader for Team Skinny? I personally think we should stick with the name. James, are you interested in leading us on since you have all the data on our members? We just need someone to start the post each week and Maybe set a few guidelines for our next time length. What if we start a new 3 month challenge that ends at the end of April? or we could do it until May? I think it will help if we have a time frame and if we have our goals recorded. I definitely want to start the new challenge with our beginning weight from November or from whenever anyone joined on board.

Fone - Don't stress about the gain, I am sure that much of it is water weight and it will probably drop easily once you get back to your routine. I too, reached my goal and then went back up. I am now bouncing around a bit, but generally going down. Luckily we are going to start another challenge so I can continue on towards dropping and maintaining the loss.

2007-01-30 3:49 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cotati, CA

Jill,

I don't have any problem taking the lead for Team Skinny or can continue in the capacity of data-keeper...either way I am here.  As for the timeline, I like setting the challenge to the seasons...which means the next ending date will be March 21.  It is a short time frame of only 7 weeks but then we can decide about doing a Spring challenge for the full quarter.  That's my vote.....

Jim 

2007-01-30 6:54 PM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas

TEAM SKINNY:  I am officially nominating Jim (Gaiaserver), our fearless data collector, as our new team leader. Since he has all the data, that seems to make the most sense to me. Jim will be responsible for giving us some general guidelines for our next challenge and starting the weekly post. Does anyone have any objections to this? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Thanks Amy, (Willow) for taking charge of our Winter Challenge! It doesn't look like you have too much weight to lose and I am sorry to hear about your visit to the doctor. I hope you can get the problem taken care of and be able to run again. Keep us posted! And don't forget to stop by and visit Team SKINNY! I mean you did birth this team and we have seen some GREAT success! We promise not to make you post your weight if you stop in to say hello.

2007-01-30 9:11 PM
in reply to: #673447

User image

Extreme Veteran
Highlands Ranch, CO
texmom - 2007-01-30 5:54 PM

TEAM SKINNY:  I am officially nominating Jim (Gaiaserver), our fearless data collector, as our new team leader. Since he has all the data, that seems to make the most sense to me. Jim will be responsible for giving us some general guidelines for our next challenge and starting the weekly post. Does anyone have any objections to this? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Thanks Amy, (Willow) for taking charge of our Winter Challenge! It doesn't look like you have too much weight to lose and I am sorry to hear about your visit to the doctor. I hope you can get the problem taken care of and be able to run again. Keep us posted! And don't forget to stop by and visit Team SKINNY! I mean you did birth this team and we have seen some GREAT success! We promise not to make you post your weight if you stop in to say hello.

All hail Chief Jim!  GodknowsIdon'twantthejob.  :D 

Good luck, Amy!  Take care of that knee--you can recover with proper care, and there is really no sense losing your ability to walk in the long run to try to be brave in the short run.  Let us know how you are coming along.

2007-01-30 9:46 PM

User image

Champion
Henderson NV
I agree to have Jim be Chief Sucker, I mean leader. Congrats!!! Good luck Amy and do let us know how you are doing. How about we be like ROCKY and go with Team Skinny II? When we get to Team Skinny XX we can start again.
2007-01-30 11:06 PM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas

Amy:  Bummer on the knee, but like others have said, heal thyself, woman!

I was skeptical about this whole weight loss challenge to begin with, but have definitely enjoyed the accountability it has provided, as well as the results.  Can't say enough about the online support groups.  Y'all have been great.  I'm looking forward to the next session and getting to my self imposed ideal weight, my original loss goal (which I won't make tomorrow).  Perhaps when enough of us get there, we can switch from weight loss to maintenance - the accountability and support will help keep us there.

see y'all tomorrow.

db

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Good Bad and Skinny Weigh In January 24th! Rss Feed  

of 3