Overall Rank = 177/399
Age Group = m40-49
Age Group Rank = 56/94
Run
  • 49m 15s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 56s  min/mile
Comments:

I enjoyed the run. I probably started too far back as the entire race I was passing people and not being passed (one noteable exception). The racing line was following tyre tracks, when you went off the racing line to overtake the surface was quite uneven. Loads of Stirling Tri Club people taking part so for the last K before the turn point I had the distraction of cheering on anyone I recognised that were already heading for home. Ran with Zoe out to the half way turn point, shortly after this she moved infront of me but I managed to hold on until the 9k mark when she finally got a bit of daylight. I was still catching loads of people but could not make up the gap on Zoe. The margin of her victory was about 20sec.
What would you do differently?:

Not a lot. Zoe definitely pulled me along. The time on my watch was a PB (48:10) but their was a bit of a queue at the finish so the official time was a bit down on that.
Post race
Warm down:

Once the run was over you soon became aware of a very cold wind so we did not hang about for very long.

Last updated: 2007-01-28 12:00 AM
Running
00:49:15 | 06.21 miles | 07m 56s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/94
Overall: 0/399
Performance: Good
Course: The course was a flat out and back, the majority of it was along a dissused railway line.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?