General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lone Star Triathlon Festival - Sprint Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2007-03-26 11:17 AM
in reply to: #736959

User image

Mountain View, CA
Subject: RE: Lone Star Triathlon Festival - Sprint

Im curious about the swimming. I don't plan on wearing a wetsuit this weekend. Seems too short, and well....I don't own one. 72 isn't terribly cold, just cold enough to be glad when you get out....right?

It depends on your tolerance of cold water. I saw some people who thought it was cold enough to be hugging themselves, so maybe I'm just used to colder water than you Texas folks, but I was actually glad I wasn't wearing my wetsuit--probably would have been too warm. As it was, I thought the water felt great. I've been in pools that were colder.

If you don't already have a wetsuit, I wouldn't buy one just for this race. You might be a little chilly, depending on how cold you like your water, but it'll be over pretty quickly. And anyway, in the excitement of the race you probably won't even notice it.

2007-03-27 9:33 AM
in reply to: #736989

User image

Master
Keller Tx
Subject: RE: Lone Star Triathlon Festival - Sprint
puellasolis - 2007-03-26 11:17 AM

Im curious about the swimming. I don't plan on wearing a wetsuit this weekend. Seems too short, and well....I don't own one. 72 isn't terribly cold, just cold enough to be glad when you get out....right?

It depends on your tolerance of cold water. I saw some people who thought it was cold enough to be hugging themselves, so maybe I'm just used to colder water than you Texas folks, but I was actually glad I wasn't wearing my wetsuit--probably would have been too warm. As it was, I thought the water felt great. I've been in pools that were colder. If you don't already have a wetsuit, I wouldn't buy one just for this race. You might be a little chilly, depending on how cold you like your water, but it'll be over pretty quickly. And anyway, in the excitement of the race you probably won't even notice it.

Thats the way I felt about it.  I'll only be in the water 12ish minutes, and I have a bit of insulation anyway to keep me warm, so no worries.

Thanks for the reply

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lone Star Triathlon Festival - Sprint Rss Feed  

of 2