Georgia Cup Races
60F / 16C
Overcast
Total Time = 17m 30s
Overall Rank = Last/
Age Group = Masters 35-45
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Good breakfest, short drive to the starting line. Easy, no-hassle race number pick-up.......or so I thought.......
Event warmup:

10 minute easy spin followed by 20 minutes spin intervals. Good warm up. Here's where things went wrong. Short ride to the starting line, back to the registration table, back to the car to get a credit card, back to the regestration table, back to the starting line.......you get the picture.
Bike
  • 17m 15s
  • 6.83 miles
  • 23.76 mile/hr
Comments:

Although the ride portion of the TT was awesome, this year hasn't been a great race year so far. This race was no exception. My time listed on this report is estimated based off of my bike computer since I missed my start time, and my official race finish time was listed as 23:00. Dead-ass last. Here's why. While watching the womens TT start I started noticing that everyone had timing chips on their forks but me. After a brief discussion with another rider I realized I needed one also, and should have recieved one at the registration table. I was pretty upset since my catagory was up next and I had an early start time.
So.....I had to ride back to the registration table to rent one (Still wishing they would have told me when I picked up my number and start time) then I had to go to my car to get a credit card, go back to the table, fill out an application, get a chip, put it on my bike, shove the credit card in my shorts (Gross) and get back to the starting line by my start time. Didn't happen. All of this is my fault of course, and I know I screwed this up but I think the registration people helped quite a bit.........
So I end up with 23:00. Even though I passed 3 riders. WTF.
It seems like the registration folks would have told me that I needed a timing chip huh? I guess I'm supposed to know that. This is the first time that I've actually agreed with the term Bike snobs! Since the only answer I recieved when I asked questions was. Oh, you should know that, all time trials are ran this way. That, of course, is not true.
Oh well, I'm happy with the ride. I would have finished in the middle of the pack.

What would you do differently?:

Not miss my start time.
Post race
Warm down:

Ride back to the parlking area. Talked to Matt and Doug from AVX.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Age. Ha...ha...

Event comments:

For me-My performance: Felt Great! Race: Actually It appeared well ran. Just not fo me. But of course I'm "that guy" this time.

Last updated: 2007-03-23 12:00 AM
Biking
00:17:15 | 06.83 miles | 23.76 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Forgot to start my HR monitor. Went off PE.
Wind: Little
Course: Great TT course! Rode several times during training. Once I was off. Everything went great. I'm finally feeling like I'm recovering from Jan. wreck.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 95
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Below average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right