General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit Question and A funny thing happened in traffic court Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-04-28 8:57 AM

User image

Regular
New York,
Subject: Wetsuit Question and A funny thing happened in traffic court

As I get closer to my first tri - there are still some items I need to purchase for race day. One of these items is a wetsuit.

Since I intend to also use this wetsuit in late Sept, should I consider getting a thicker wetsuit?

What exactly should I be looking for? How do I know what size I am if I order over the web?

Best brands? (Don't want to break the bank either!)

Any advice is appreciated.

P.s. - Quick story - was in traffic court the other day and it was up to the judge to impose the amount of the fine. So when I was called up to the bench, he said my plea deal (parking on sidewalk instead of going through a stop sign) was a good plea deal, but before he imposed the fine, I asked him if he could lower the amount, he asked why, I replied, "Your honor, I am training for a triathlon, and it is expensive." He laughed and started talking about his service buddy doing the IM in HI, then he lowered the fine by $50 and told me to get a real job. :-)

2007-04-28 2:58 PM
in reply to: #779809

User image

Elite
Bay Area, CA
Subject: RE: Wetsuit Question and A funny thing happened in traffic court

You should buy a swim specific wetsuit.  Look up triathlon wetsuits on the web - you'll get a LOT of options to choose from.

It'll work fine for both tri's.  If you are worried about warmth in Sept - check out full sleeve wetsuits, vs. sleevless as these keep more heat in.

ALSO get a neoprene swim cap - right there you'll be a lot warmer if your head is warmer.

Most of the wetsuit companies (Quintana Roo, Zoot, IronMan, etc.) have the sizing right on the web - if you are still not sure call up the company.  They will be more than happy to help you. 

2007-04-28 4:15 PM

User image

Pro
Hailey, ID
The T1 by DeSoto is awesome. Also it gives you the option of getting a sleeved and sleeveless top since it is a two piece.

Edited by bradword 2007-04-28 4:15 PM
2007-04-29 10:28 AM

User image

Pro
Los Angeles, CA
I think just get a triathlon wetsuit and the thickness, etc should be more or less the same. I also second the desoto suits. If you go that route, email Emilio (owner) with your body measurements and he will email you back with a size. Note that bottom and top size may be different depending on your body type.
2007-04-29 8:24 PM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Go to: www.trisports.com. They have a variety of wetsuits manufactuers and will consult with you over the phone on what make and size will fit you best.

Order it, get it, swim in it... and send it back if it doesn't fit.

Good luck!

PS- Nice story about traffic court.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit Question and A funny thing happened in traffic court Rss Feed