United States
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 56m 5s
Overall Rank = 1181/1223
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 112/120
Pre-race routine:

Not much of a pre-race routine. I have been sick all week and hardly got any sleep the night before the race-throat hurt, headache, etc... I almost didn't go, but figured I needed to work for that t-shirt LOL I jumped on the treadmill and did a .5 mile jog, and immediately, my shin started aching (at this point, I'm wondering if I should just stay home).
Had some coffee and a banana. I normally also eat a Clif bar, but I wasn't feeling good and even the banana was making me nauseous...
Event warmup:

Running to the bathroom several times...sorry for TMI. We must have eaten something the night before, because both DH and I felt it. Not a good thing in my book, more so before a 10 mile race! I was seriously wondering how I was going to make it, but it all worked out just fine.
Run
  • 1h 56m 5s
  • 10 miles
  • 11m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

The run was great! Very scenic, just gorgeous-lakefront, marinas, people walkng with strollers and dogs, bikers, joggers.... The weather was sunny and the temps in high 60s-70s. The first half of the run there was a nice breeze, then it got pretty warm to run.

My mother-in-law, Melinda, ran the race with me and smoked me! She finished in 1:41. I seriously have to beat her some time SOON LOL
What would you do differently?:

Good run....I did as well as could have been expected. Being sick and not having run for over 2 weeks because of my shin definitely affected my time. I knew that going in and just focused on having a good time running. Other than that, I just need to do more speedwork to get faster.
Post race
Warm down:

Hang out with family.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Being sick the week before the race, not having run for over 2 weeks due to shin pain.

Event comments:

Really good race, as far as I could tell.. only about 1200 people running, which made it perfect size-not too crowded and well organized. Lots of police coordinating traffic at numerous road intersections crossing our running path. I will likely do this race again :) Awesome shirt, too, just ran way big. My Large fits more like a XXL LOL other than that, really nice.

I'd recommend this race as a great, fast, scenic 10 miler.. perfect warm up for half-marathons and marathons.

Last updated: 2007-04-29 12:00 AM
Running
01:56:05 | 10 miles | 11m 37s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/120
Overall: 0/1223
Performance: Good
HR was staying pretty high the entire run-avg in low 170s, high-181.
Course: BEAUTIFUL course along Lake Michigan... Fast and flat.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-04-30 1:36 PM

User image

Expert
Chicagoland
Subject: Universal Sole Lakefront 10 Miler

2007-04-30 4:03 PM
in reply to: #781811

User image

Master
Canandaigua
Subject: RE: Universal Sole Lakefront 10 Miler
Sounds like fun.  You enjoy it which what it is about.  Talk about baby strollers I got passed by one during my race. Not only that it was a double.  Sorry you didn't feel well.
2007-05-01 5:44 PM
in reply to: #781811

User image

Master
Central, IL
Subject: RE: Universal Sole Lakefront 10 Miler

Nice job. 10 miles! WooWhoo!!!!!!!!!

Just a few short months ago...did this seem possible???? 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Universal Sole Lakefront 10 Miler Rss Feed