United States
42F / 6C
Sunny
Total Time = 25m 3s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up and had half a muffin. Didn't eat much as I had a good dinner the night before. Drove down to the race about 40 minutes before the start.
Event warmup:

Jogged from the car to the start line, took a quick potty break, and then just looked for some sun to stay warm. Not much of a warm-up. Left the car 20 min before the start.
Run
  • 25m 3s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 03s  min/mile
Comments:

Felt really good after this. Didn't feel like I could have gone much harder. Watched my HR and it was tapped out most of the way (10-15 beats higher than training pace). Overall I felt great. I had said prior to this run that sub 27 would be good, sub 26 would be great and sub 25 would be spectacular. Almost made spectacular. I figured I'd be about 9 min miles, but ended up about 8. Cool....
What would you do differently?:

Learn to drink while running. That's it. for the first race this year, I'm thrilled.
Post race
Warm down:

Milled around, sat in the bleachers and had some pizza, beer and a banana (gotta throw in something healthy).

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing. Maybe lose the 10 lbs I need to.

Last updated: 2007-04-30 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:03 | 03.11 miles | 08m 03s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Good course downtown. Was hoping to finish sub 27 min as that is where I seemed to be last year. I've been working pretty hard to get some speed back, but didn't know what to expect. The first mile I felt really good. Found my pace and it felt really easy. Second mile I slowed a little as it is uphill most of the way. I need to learn how to drink while running. This slowed me down a hair. The final mile I ran pretty hard, but when I got to the Warning Track at Coors field, the soft moist dirt really bogged me down. Got out of the stadium and ran hard to the finish.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-05-06 11:14 AM

User image

Master
Centennial, CO
Subject: Colorado Rockies Home Run 5K

2007-05-06 3:46 PM
in reply to: #790381

User image

Official BT Coach
Englewood, CO
Subject: RE: Colorado Rockies Home Run 5K
Congrats on a great race!  Glad you met your goals!  Way to go!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Colorado Rockies Home Run 5K Rss Feed