New York Road Runners
71F / 22C
Overcast
Total Time = 42m 59s
Overall Rank = 3750/
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 1533/
Pre-race routine:

woke up at 6:45 and got dressed, let bongo out and was happy to feel a cool breeze - thanked the universe that it wasn't raining and asked for continued cool breezes at the park.
jorge had decided to come w/me to the race so i woke him up at 7 and we were in the car w/bongo by 7:15
brianna slept over marleny's so she missed this race
Event warmup:

none, just made it to the starting chute at 10 of 8, looked for jen, but no sign of her... had left my cell w/jorge so i couldn't call her, forgot my ipod and was missing it at this point
Run
  • 42m 58s
  • 4 miles
  • 10m 44s  min/mile
Comments:

i really wanted to break 40 minutes again, but obviously fell short of that - so let's focus on the positives, shall we?
pain in the knee was absent until after mile 3 - it did show up, just later than it did in the last race
my 5K time was faster in this race than any other
um... i didn't fall?
it was a humid run for me, i haven't been running in the heat and i guess its time to start really acclimating myself - i took several walking breaks to try and manage the heart rate a little
i missed my running buddy and my ipod. between the 2nd and 3rd mile a man was sprawled out on the course, don't know if he fell or passed out, but it was a reminder that accidents happen and i think it kinda freaked me out a little. i hope he's okay, lots of runners stopped to give him help and i even saw one runner leave the course to flag down an ambulance.
What would you do differently?:

dunno... pour water on my head at the first station instead of drinking it, my face was really hot for most of the race
need to get more sleep the night before these races too, i just felt tired the whole time... i had gotten up at 4AM and 7AM the day before b/c of Jorge's century, plus i worked late and waited up for him to get back, so only 5 hours sleep - way too little for miss apnea lady here
Post race
Warm down:

saw my friend, justin as i was coming down the finish chute, he produces at wwor w/me and knew i was running - he must have waited to see me finish b/c he runs like an 8 min/mile or something
walked to get water and my chip removed and that was about it, came home and made a huge omelet for jorge and me

What limited your ability to perform faster:

humidity
fatigue

Event comments:

6 NYRR races down, 3 to go, the 10K is this saturday and then i'll only have 2 left! woop woop!

Last updated: 2007-05-29 12:00 AM
Running
00:42:58 | 04 miles | 10m 44s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
mile 1: 9:54 mile 2: 10:41 mile 3: 11:39 (hate the hills in mile 3) mile 4: 10:44
Course:
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-06-03 10:22 AM

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ
Subject: Japan Day 4M / Kids Races

2007-06-03 11:54 AM
in reply to: #827160

User image

Expert
Williamsburg, VA
Subject: RE: Japan Day 4M / Kids Races
Very nice RR and congrats on the finish! Sorry you were short on the goal time.  Next time for sure!!!!
2007-06-03 8:27 PM
in reply to: #827160

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Japan Day 4M / Kids Races
Way to go, very nice race!!  Even if you didn't make your goal your were still speedy. 
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Japan Day 4M / Kids Races Rss Feed