United States
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 37m 31s
Overall Rank = 14/42
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 2/11
Pre-race routine:

Woke up EARLY and drove down to Macon. The usual set up transition, body marked, stood in line for porta pot. Ate a muffin (or half really) 40 minutes before race start and then gu'd 20 minutes before. Race was late getting started.
Event warmup:

I swam about 150 meters or so to get a feel for water. Glad I did this. Although when I was standing in the water procrastinating my warm up I was bit by something on my leg...freaked me out a little.
Swim
  • 21m
  • 750 meters
  • 02m 48s / 100 meters
Comments:

Okay, so the swim was okay. Better than I expected but still not where I want it to be. I only got off course once which is an imrovement for me so I was happy with my navigating. I also managed to stay with a lot of pink cappers which was my first goal. So I got out of the water feeling good. (probably because the swim was so short) My time also includes running up hill to T1...so it's not as slow as it appears although it's close.
What would you do differently?:

swim faster and not get off course. but for this race I feel good about my swim.
Transition 1
  • 01m 37s
Comments:

I had a little trouble getting my helmet clipped but other than that I feel okay about this. I'm sure I can improve my time here but for what it was I feel good about it.

Nothing.
Bike
  • 50m 40s
  • 15 miles
  • 17.76 mile/hr
Comments:

The road was wet from the all night rain but it wasn't bad and by the time we got back they were pretty much dry.
The ride started with my legs feeling tired but I think they just needed a couple miles to warm up, although on a sprint course you don't really have much time for a warm up :) I feel okay about my time, not what I was hoping for but for the course I think it's pretty good.

Push myself a little harder on the up hills. Also, not be so scared on the downhills..there were a couple that I braked on..absolutely can NOT do that in a race.
Transition 2
  • 01m 19s
Comments:

Got out of here pretty quick...considering my bike rack was at the far end of transition.

Nothing.
Run
  • 22m 57s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 07m 24s  min/mile
Comments:

Surprised. I didn't feel like my run was this good. I had to pee the entire time so that's never comfortable. It took me about 2.5 miles to get my 'running' legs and as you know that's not good on a 3.1 mile course. I wanted to run more but alas my race was over. It didn't feel good but I am very happy with my time. It always helps when you have a little extra incentive :) Competition..that's what it's about on race day.

Not much. Let go of my thoughts (peeing and heavy legs) and just run.
Post race
Warm down:

Let's see..Drank a lot of water and ate a banana. Waited for RT and Joe to come through T2 and then took a nap. Woke up in time to see RT finish, drank some beer and hung out with friends. Pretty awesome cool down.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

There really wasn't anything. I was trained and I had all the tools to have a great race. Just need to learn how to swim faster, push harder on the bike, and just run.

Event comments:

Well the race didn't start on time so we had to stand on the beach and watch them set up the buoys for the swim course. I had already done my warm up and since it was about 65 degrees at this point I was a little cold. Other than that this was a good race. My race was too short (although that's my fault) but it was a great day. Much fun. I love cheering and supporting friends on their accomplishments.

Last updated: 2007-06-04 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:21:00 | 750 meters | 02m 48s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/11
Overall: 26/42
Performance: Good
Suit: No
Course: Counter-clockwise rectangle. We did join the 1/2 swimmers though on the last stretch but that was cool to be around so many swimmers.
Start type: Run Plus: Shot
Water temp: 78F / 25C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:37
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:50:40 | 15 miles | 17.76 mile/hr
Overall: 16/42
Performance: Average
Wind: None
Course: Hilly. I'd say rolling hills with very few flats.
Road: Smooth Wet Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:19
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:22:57 | 03.1 miles | 07m 24s  min/mile
Overall: 9/42
Course: Out and back. Up hill out and down hill back.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-06-04 9:25 AM

User image

Veteran
Atlanta, GA
Subject: Rock 'N RollMan Sprint Triathlon

2007-06-04 9:54 AM
in reply to: #828312

User image

Master
Atlanta, Ga
Subject: RE: Rock 'N RollMan Sprint Triathlon
Awesome.. Hardware on your 3rd race ever. Congratulations!. What's great is that you are learning more and more every time and are gaining a great perspective on what is required of you in training and racing.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Rock 'N RollMan Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed